Skate Canada Updates ISU Championships Teams | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skate Canada Updates ISU Championships Teams

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Hase & Seegert, I think, are capable of finishing higher than either the Americans or 2nd Canadians; but I also think Walsh & Michaud will probably do fine. They look stronger this season than last, IMO. Is the assumption above that Ryom & Kim won't compete based on something in particular? Is one of them injured? They have connections in Canada, and I wasn't assuming they weren't going to Worlds based on the 4CC roster as I don't think they were sent to 4CCs previously when it was held in South Korea.

noskates

Record Breaker
Coming late into this thread. I realize the 4CCs results probably determined which man would represent Canada at Worlds but I can't help but think Keegan Messing would have scored better. Keegan has really come into his own this year.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Coming late into this thread. I realize the 4CCs results probably determined which man would represent Canada at Worlds but I can't help but think Keegan Messing would have scored better. Keegan has really come into his own this year.

There is no question Keegan has the higher scoring capacity. He hasn't skated a perfect short but you can tell he would be hitting about 100 And he hasn't been close to clean on his free but hehas been gong through stuff and Nam had the better Grand Prix and the only time he lost to Keegan was at worlds last year - one placement. On a side note both Keegan and Nam are struggling to add another quad. By now especially Nam should have 3 quads in their FS. Since Nam has been slow with his progression I would have assumed he would at least technically imprved his jumps and spins.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well certainly not the dream team we were used to seeing in Canada, but I'm sure they will do us proud. Go team Canada

Nirti

Medalist
So this weekend in Den Haag, Emily Bausback and Madeline Schizas are scheduled to skate at the senior event, where they will try to get their TES for Worlds. Alison Schumacher already got these TES, so I assume if both of them failed to reach it, Schumacher will be sent to Worlds. If finally all 3 have these TES, good question...

Veronik Mallet and Gabrielle Daleman ended 7th and 8th during Nationals but weren't sent in any event since... So they seem out of the Worlds team?
Michelle Long and Emma Bulawka, who finished 5th and 6th, aren't eligible; and Alaine Chartrand seems still inactive.