Jones & Boyadji: We first met at the ISU Adult Competition | Golden Skate

Jones & Boyadji: We first met at the ISU Adult Competition

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I genuinely laughed out loud when Chris said his favorite element was the throw jump because he had "nothing to do."

Very enjoyable interview. Thanks for posting the link.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I have an enormous respect for Zoe and Chris, and in any interview (I've read a few) they just look like such nice people who make the best out of any difficult situation (be it delayed luggage at a competition or more structural with regard to the training circumstances). I also recall an interview where they said they don't have time to argue or put blame anywhere when something doesn't work out well, they are just happy to be able to train and perform. This interview is also highly enjoyable. It was nice that Zoe got inspired by Midori Ito (who actually competed as a pairs skater at the recent Masters Games in Lausanne) who continues to participate in these adult competitions. Thanks for the post Doris.

Edit: I thought it looked familiar, and it was. I had read it earlier in the British and Irish Figure skating thread. No matter. I love reading about Zoe and Chris all the time!

Scout

Final Flight
I'm always so inspired by seeing skaters continue skating and competing because they are passionate about it and love it. And I love that the Adult skating community is growing!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
OMG what a story. She competed in 1997 Worlds in singles and went to 2019 Worlds, 22 years later in pairs. That's crazy.