2020-2021 Programs by Discipline | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020-2021 Programs by Discipline

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I'll take Hallelujah of it's the Jeff Buckley version, and probably love it no matter how they skate. Otherwise... no pleeeease.

I used to think it was a nice enough song, but my teenage daughter tends to run upstairs at the first cords. I am starting to feel like evacuating too. That, and Je Suis Malade, but I like JSM.

My husband puts on headset and turns his own music on when he has to be present downstairs during a figure skating event. He asserts me that they can glide just fine to screams and heavy beats vs what he describes as ‘mellow dirges’.

Something has to be done before the remaining members of the household become affected (the cat).

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In view of the postponement/cancellation of the World Championship, I hope skaters will announce their music choices earlier than they normally do.

It will give us something to talk about. I want a head start on hating everyone's choices. :laugh:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I used to think it was a nice enough song, but my teenage daughter tends to run upstairs at the first cords. I am starting to feel like evacuating too. That, and Je Suis Malade, but I like JSM.

My husband puts on headset and turns his own music on when he has to be present downstairs during a figure skating event. He asserts me that they can glide just fine to screams and heavy beats vs what he describes as ‘mellow dirges’.

Something has to be done before the remaining members of the household become affected (the cat).

This reminds me how much Eli (German Shepherd in my avatar) hated, loathed and despised most skating music. The funniest one was the time he was sleeping on my bed while I watched skating and Beyonce's Halo was being used and as soon as Bey got to the more screechy part of the song he leapt up and stormed out of the room giving me the world's dirtiest look on his way out the door. I remember promising him I'd listen on my ear phones if he'd only come back and he refused outright and left me alone. When I came into the living room to find him he went into the other bedroom and stood on the other bed staring out the window and refusing to acknowledge my existence. He was my most beloved drama llama.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
In view of the postponement/cancellation of the World Championship, I hope skaters will announce their music choices earlier than they normally do.

It will give us something to talk about. I want a head start on hating everyone's choices. :laugh:

I'm still waiting and hoping for my la la land/moonlight OST idea to take root in some Choreographers head. Lori Nichol or Shae-Lynn maybe. They are really missing out on some comedic gold here.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think we should vote and submit to the ISU the proposal for one fan-banned music choice per year. It should include the opinions of fan’s pets.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry Tally but...

Leonard Cohen should be the only person to "sing" Leonard Cohen songs. It's in the peas rule book.

(Since there is no worlds I should work on my rule book)

Well, as a “not Hallelujah aficionado”, I won’t speak to that, but...

Can we ban covers? As in “I Put A Spell on You” covers (only Screamin’ Jay Hawkins allowed:devil: Seems appropriate for Friday the 13th.....)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Well, as a “not Hallelujah aficionado”, I won’t speak to that, but...

Can we ban covers? As in “I Put A Spell on You” covers (only Screamin’ Jay Hawkins allowed:devil: Seems appropriate for Friday the 13th.....)

Happy Friday the 13 Everyone!

I never ever want to hear that female singing the Tango de Roxanne again. Like even if that is what I have to sing in the rose in heaven I don't ever want to hear it again.

BTW.. Paradiso reference for my Italian friends. Keep safe!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sorry Tally but...

Leonard Cohen should be the only person to "sing" Leonard Cohen songs. It's in the peas rule book.

(Since there is no worlds I should work on my rule book)

I don't have a rule book, just a scrappy piece of mental paper... somewhere :laugh:

Oh c'mon, I want one of the 3A or Kamila(?) to do Lorde's Everybody Wants to Rule The World.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

i think i likee your family :laugh::laugh:

i want the immediate ban of the lady mouse raping opera arias and anything Lara Fabian (sorry ladies, try to pick something else, i'd like to hate something new)

noskates

Record Breaker
Agree with Peas about Hallelujah. I used to kind of cringe when they played it in the aftermath of 9/11 because I guessed no one had actually listened to the words. It clearly is not a religious song. Jeff Buckley's version is okay but I do love me some Leonard Cohen. The first time I heard it was in a record store in San Francisco and seriously everyone was mesmerized and stopped to listen. KD Lang is okay and I saw her sing it in person and her voice is incredible..... and I did love Mariah's program.

I swear I'm going to barf if I have to listen to an elite skater using Carmen or POTO or Roxanne or pretty much any tango this season. Get original folks!!!!

p.s. Laughed out loud at the German Shepherd story!!!!

p.p.s. I like Lariko's idea of petitioning to ban certain musical choices. Chances are nil that will ever happen but it could be fun trying. But what would Kayne and O'Shea skate to? :laugh2:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
i think i likee your family :laugh::laugh:

i want the immediate ban of the lady mouse raping opera arias and anything Lara Fabian (sorry ladies, try to pick something else, i'd like to hate something new)

Aww, thank you. We manage to navigate this figure skating season without fatalities. May next season has less nasal, whiny songs.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
I think Kazuki's new FS to 'Life is Beautiful', choreo by Misha Ge, can now be considered official too.
Looking forward to seeing the full list we have so far as a Programs by Discipline thread!

MaHa75

On the Ice
I am excpecting something different... My dream is that someone ( like Eva-Lotta Kiibus for example) will perfom by Billy Idol White wedding :luv17: