2020-2021 Programs by Discipline | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2020-2021 Programs by Discipline

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I know that Skate Canada has an agreement with music rights holders that allows skaters to use copyrighted music for their programs. As skaters, this cost is included in the fees we pay as Skate Canada members. There are some restrictions on what's included, but for the most part, we have permission from the copyright holders through Skate Canada to use most music for competiton and exhibitions. I would assume other organizations have similar agreements in place.

do they have a special agreement with Celine Dion and Michael Bublè? (just joking but i couldn't help it :laugh:)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
do they have a special agreement with Celine Dion and Michael Bublè? (just joking but i couldn't help it :laugh:)

LOL, one would assume these world class stars just have a different price, which the fees perhaps might not cover. Still for these artists, the honour of having a top athlete from your own country performing to your music on the world stage with possible medal chance should warrant a copyright fees discount, shouldn't it?

Then perhaps the artist might be willing, but the greedy record company less so? I believe, unless you are the Rolling Stones, the company has the final say?

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Yuhana Yokoi
SP: Your Name OST, choreo. by Akiko Suzuki
FS: Tom & Jerry (!), choreo. by Misao Sato

Source

I need to see this. Love Yuhana for her new choices (okay, and for her skating), and I'm glad she ditched POTO. ^ ^

ruga

Final Flight
I mean, they did play Romeo & Juliet and Carmen and many other classics on Tom & Jerry...

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Was it specifically stated that it's from the cartoon Tom and Jerry? Because if not there are other explanations for Tom and Jerry like this.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I've just pinned this thread as this subject keeps generating more and more interest. Sorry GoneWithTheWind for changing the OT title.

FlyingFeather

On the Ice
Was it specifically stated that it's from the cartoon Tom and Jerry? Because if not there are other explanations for Tom and Jerry like this.

Please let it be the cartoon. Please let it be the cartoon. Pleeeeease.

Tom and Jerry Cartoons were literally my music appreciation class.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I've just pinned this thread as this subject keeps generating more and more interest. Sorry GoneWithTheWind for changing the OT title.

No worries, thank you for updating the title and creating the list of programs in the first post! :thank:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
now that Morricone has left us i can predict more Nuovo Cinema Paradiso, Once Upon a Time in America and Mission than usual