Alexandrovskaya/Windsor (AUS) have dissolved their partnership | Golden Skate

Alexandrovskaya/Windsor (AUS) have dissolved their partnership

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
About an hour ago Harley posted the following to his Instagram:

First off I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has been involved in my skating journey this far. It is with deep sadness and a heavy heart to announce that Katia and myself have decided to end our skating career together as a pair. Due to health concerns, Katia and I are unable to continue. I want to take this opportunity to wish Katia all the best in the future and a quick recovery. Over the last four years we have been through so much as a team, from first pairing together, winning our first jpg, winning junior worlds, Katia becoming a Australian citizen all the way to experiencing the Olympics together!! The time we had together has been a great eye opener, it has helped me learn and develop into the person I am today and for the person I hope to be in the future. So again thank you Katia for everything and wish you nothing but the best for the future. Our journey may be over but I still want to continue my pairs career and will still keep training full time.

It sounds as though Katia's injuries are such that she can't continue skating, which is terribly sad for such a young woman. But she and Harley have already achieved a lot more than was expected of them when they teamed up. They surprised the world. She can move forward with her life knowing that she gave her best and earned her rightful accolades for it, and will do the same in whatever field she chooses next.

As Harley says he will keep skating and is looking for a new partner, I wish him all the best of luck in finding someone compatible soon.

Farewell, our little Aussie team that could. You won't be forgotten. :(

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Sad news. They surprised the world indeed, and that was wonderful. I am also hoping the best for both of them.

GF2445

Record Breaker
so sad to hear, but health is most important, and they definitely have shown that they deeply respected their skating partnership.
I wish Katia a full recovery from her injuries and hope she will find success in whatever she does next.

For Harley- rest, process, and when he is ready, begin his search for a partner.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Disappointing after such a promising beginning, but it is what it is.

Hopefully Harley can find a new partner (it's a straight shot to the Olympics, so there'll probably be a good bit of interest from ladies from the big feds).

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
They were such a promising pair and it was nice to see skaters from no-traditional skating countries getting big medals. Wish Harley to get a partner as soon as possible and to Katia health and a successful life wherever her steps will go.

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
So sad to see this :( I loved them as juniors and it's too bad that they were never able to fulfill their potential at the senior level.

Wishing both of them all the best!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Really sad to hear this. They were a real breath of fresh air when they burst onto the Junior scene and had so much success.

But, Katia's health is the most important thing. She is young, and has the rest of her life ahead of her. We don't want her doing herself an even worse permanent injury by coming back when she is not fit to.

I wish both Katia and Harley all the best for the future.

Aussie Aussie Aussie...

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am absolutely devastated. I remember the very first time I saw them, at Hollins in 2016, and when they did that big clean triple twist I almost vibrated off this plane of existence in my excitement.

We didn't even get four years of competition from them. It's awful. Poor Katia. I hope she recovers well, even if she can't skate any more.