Anyone know what the spin rocker is on the MK Vision blade? | Golden Skate

Anyone know what the spin rocker is on the MK Vision blade?

spinningdancer

Rinkside
I can't find information about it anywhere online. I know the blade is discontinued, but I have a pair and I am curious. I know the main rocker is 7 inches, but what is the front/spin rocker? My guess is 12 inches, but I don't know for sure.

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I can't find information about it anywhere online. I know the blade is discontinued, but I have a pair and I am curious. I know the main rocker is 7 inches, but what is the front/spin rocker? My guess is 12 inches, but I don't know for sure.
Both Wilson and MK are tight-lipped about the specs of their blades. Most of the cited values for their blades are based on measurements done by others (such as Paramount). An open question is the range of manufacturing variation. I've not come across any spin rocker measurements for the Vision.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

As I've said in another thread specifically about the Vision blade:

I used to wear those years ago. They were rated right below the Phantom on their ranking system and is rated for 2Lz through 3Lz. It's a parallel blade with aggressive straight cut toe picks, 7ft rocker, 7/16" radius of hollow. Visions biggest selling point was that the blades secondary radius and the way the picks are configured encouraged more stability.

I remember loving mine. Just be aware that the bottom pick is quite large and it's easy to trip over it until you are used to it.

ETA: They are based very similar to the Phantom blade. I'm pretty sure it's very close/almost exact.

spinningdancer

Rinkside
Interesting...I have Phantoms on another pair of boots, and I felt like the spin rocker on the Visions was more curved. Of course, it could just be because they are a new blade and my Phantoms are older. But that's why I suspected the Visions might have a 12 inch spin rocker compared to the Phantom's 17 inch. I just wish there was an easy way to know for sure. I also have a really old pair of Vantage blades on my oldest pair of boots. These blades seem more similar to the Phantoms than the Visions do. I guess Vision replaced Vantage and now they're both discontinued. When I contacted MK, they said that the blade they/Wilson currently offer that's most similar to the Vantage is the Pattern 99, which surprised me. Looks wise, the Visions are a lot like Pattern 99s with their toe pick configuration and short tail. But profile wise, I'm not so sure, which is what lead me here searching for more information.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Interesting...I have Phantoms on another pair of boots, and I felt like the spin rocker on the Visions was more curved. Of course, it could just be because they are a new blade and my Phantoms are older. But that's why I suspected the Visions might have a 12 inch spin rocker compared to the Phantom's 17 inch. I just wish there was an easy way to know for sure. I also have a really old pair of Vantage blades on my oldest pair of boots. These blades seem more similar to the Phantoms than the Visions do. I guess Vision replaced Vantage and now they're both discontinued. When I contacted MK, they said that the blade they/Wilson currently offer that's most similar to the Vantage is the Pattern 99, which surprised me. Looks wise, the Visions are a lot like Pattern 99s with their toe pick configuration and short tail. But profile wise, I'm not so sure, which is what lead me here searching for more information.

Yeah, I think the Visions was like 14 or 15. I can't say that for sure because my own were used and are long long gone. LOL

GoldenWestGirl

Spectator
I LOVED my Vision blade, been using it for years and my current set finally wore out. Just over a year ago got a new pair of skates and tried the Phantom. NOPE. I have finally given up and am ordering a set of Pattern99s. I wasn't the same skater on the Phantom.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I LOVED my Vision blade, been using it for years and my current set finally wore out. Just over a year ago got a new pair of skates and tried the Phantom. NOPE. I have finally given up and am ordering a set of Pattern99s. I wasn't the same skater on the Phantom.
This doesn't shock me, I was a vision when I was a lower ranks skater and have been a P99 skater ever since, now even into pro years. I've tried others but have stuck with my P99s!:rock: