Huge coaching scandal In Finnish synchro | Golden Skate

Huge coaching scandal In Finnish synchro

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I have been thinking a lot if to write here or not, but now I decided to do it. I will write more accurate later, if someone else does not want to. There has been questinoable coaching methods and they released one of the coach from her work. Now they are taking her back and the whole club is splitting into two. This may cause that team Unique may not be able to take part at worlds.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
This sounds pretty serious. No further comments as that would be speculation.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
This is true: Finlands's figure skating federation (STLL in Finnish) released her from her work for a year. The Club she was working in was forced to do the same, but after 7 weeks they took her back. It caused the whole club splitted and all single skaters and some of the Synchro skaters left the club.

These are rumours: It may cause STLL may fire the whole club. Team Unique is the team in that club and if they fire it, they cannot compete under ISU, some people suppose. Her methods sound to have been quite awful.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
The old board of the club resignated. The members of the new is said to be people who stand behind Penttinen. There seem to be people who say that Penttinen is a victim. Nobody has heard anything about apologizing or regret.

Based on rumours I have read things she has told to skaters is like "kill yourself" or she has forced other girls to make a circle where they have mocked a skater or skaters who have made mistakes. She has told that flu or broken legs is not a reason to withdraw from practices.

According to one of a parent, what I read from some internet news, the single skaters have been thinking of splitting that club already before. This was just a kick-off them to do it and they established a new club for only single skaters with one existing little club. HSK had 80 single skaters, it is quite many in Finland's scale.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I will write more accurate later, if someone else does not want to. There has been questinoable coaching methods and they released one of the coach from her work. Now they are taking her back and the whole club is splitting into two. This may cause that team Unique may not be able to take part at worlds.

Ladyjane linked the article.

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Super late but this makes me really uneasy because I have met her. We have to remember that we don't know what happens behind closed doors when you aren't there.

PSA: Parents, listen to your children if they say they don't like their coach. Skaters, if you don't like your coach, it's almost never for no reason.