NBC Sports Gold | Golden Skate

NBC Sports Gold

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Anyone look at there NBC sports GoLd or NBC Sports app on their Roku, smart tv, etc?
All the replays are gone gone gone except for synchro.
All that hype about replays of the entire season was a pack of lies...false advertising....
Chances of a class action law suit?

Ross74

Medalist
I assume it's just certain apps? When I went through Roku, I got the same thing as you, but I can still see all the replays through xfinity and the web.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there a new app for nbc sports gold? Both Roku and fire stick don't show the content for me.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I assume it's just certain apps? When I went through Roku, I got the same thing as you, but I can still see all the replays through xfinity and the web.

Corrrect. If you go to the WEBSITE with a laptop and plug that into your telly, you are golden. Its only the actual APP that smart TVs and Rokus us that lack content. NBC Sports keeps making excuses but of course they are just stalling for time so they dont have to put them up. What ever that means. I dont get it. They have them stored obviously...why cant they link their app to the storage? Imagine if netflix couldnt link their app to their movies????

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a new app for nbc sports gold? Both Roku and fire stick don't show the content for me.

Nope. You are forced to use the NBC Sports app and go to the Gold content....but of course there is no longer content left....

MintGreen

On the Ice
Anyone look at there NBC sports GoLd or NBC Sports app on their Roku, smart tv, etc?
All that hype about replays of the entire season was a pack of lies...false advertising....

I have the exact same issue with my Amazon fire TV. Looks like they only retain the contents for two weeks so soon the synchro programs will be gone too. I thought it was because my fire TV was too old. I tried to clear up the cookie, delete the app, re-install and all sorts of other things but it's still the same. I sent an email to NBC but never heard from them back.

But the whole contents are available in their smart phone App and from website login.

Tavi...

Record Breaker

Maybe you should try contacting their tech support first before considering a class action?

I can still access all replays on my iPhone.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
But not on Roku and Firestick- and NBC claimed to support those platforms, too. And they did until they wiped everything out around Christmas.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
But not on Roku and Firestick- and NBC claimed to support those platforms, too. And they did until they wiped everything out around Christmas.

All customer support has told us for months is that they are working on this.....yeah, right.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Maybe you should try contacting their tech support first before considering a class action?

We have...repeatedly...all they say is that they are working on it...for months....yet the even the new stuff disapprears soon after the event. What does that tell you? I dont mind paying for figure skating...I mind being lied to about what to expect. They wont even admit their app doesnt work as advertised on Roku....
I should have just bought a laptop. While isolated, I will use my wife's and watch some GPs...

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I, too, can access on my iPhine, but my tv is much bigger and I don’t have to hold it in front of my face. I bought a fire stick pretty much solely so I could watch skating on my tv and not my iPhone, though. And I pay them for that privilege.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have both fire stick and Roku. I don't have an iPhone or laptop. I don't want to watch on my computer. And it worked up to December, so I think it's unfair that I can't rewatch programs. I did all last summer.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
We have...repeatedly...all they say is that they are working on it...for months....yet the even the new stuff disapprears soon after the event. What does that tell you? I dont mind paying for figure skating...I mind being lied to about what to expect. They wont even admit their app doesnt work as advertised on Roku....
I should have just bought a laptop. While isolated, I will use my wife's and watch some GPs...

Well, you didn’t say what you’d already done in your initial post.

I understand how frustrating it is not to be able watch on your preferred medium - mine happens to be my iPhone, and I was frustrated for years not to be able access icenetwork on my phone. But realistically, you have two choices: accept that it’s not ideal and watch on a medium that does work, or cancel / not renew. If you haven’t contacted them recently and/or asked to speak to supervisors or gotten contact information to write to management, you might want to do that.

FYI, class actions usually take years to make their way through the courts in the best of circumstances- and given the pandemic there are likely to be longer than normal delays.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I wouldn't know Roku if I saw it, but I have e-mailed NBCsports Gold twice this season. Once when a competition didn't show up and also my Mom sent them an e-mail today because suddenly the videos weren't playing. Both were fixed rather promptly. It is worth contacting them, though I don't know if it will help with your situation.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Sports gold just put up 2019 World's for subscribers, so there is something to watch.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've also used the "Contact Us" feature on NBC Gold 2 or 3 times. Every time, the issue was fixed within one day, and I got an email from the support team thanking me for the question, as the issue affected others as well as myself.

humbaba

Final Flight
A miracle has occurred. Replays back through the grand prix final have reappeared on the NBC gold app on my Roku. Should be a lot more content than that, but I'm grateful for what I got. :yay:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A miracle has occurred. Replays back through the grand prix final have reappeared on the NBC gold app on my Roku. Should be a lot more content than that, but I'm grateful for what I got. :yay:

Thank you for posting this. I had stopped hoping any would come back. It's on both my firestick and Roku.

dancelion21

On the Ice
Also is the Gala for US Nats available on Gold? I can't find it anywhere there, and it's hard to find videos online. Even the televised version only includes some numbers, does anyone know where to find the full show?