Some of world's best ice dancers based in Montreal to skate in online | Golden Skate

Some of world's best ice dancers based in Montreal to skate in online

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... "The teams will each skate their favourite programs of the season on Monday, in full costume, and the programs will be recorded, compiled and aired online at a later date."

Repeating my caveat from the other thread (and of course, I am thankful to IAM and Jordan for what they are doing :thank:):

Jordan from On Ice Perspectives will be filming the programs of the 13 IAM dance teams who were supposed to go to worlds- in full costume & makeup!

Yes, a bright spot ... but my understanding of what Marie-France said at the end of the Facebook Live is that an edited "montage" of Jordan Cowan's filming is what will be shared online ...
ETA: "Montage" is the exact word that MF used.​

As opposed to each program being published in entirety ...
I just do not want people to expect more than what Marie-France actually said [ETA: at approx. 39:30].

(And BTW, each IAM couple will be skating one program [of their choice].)

I think IAM in part wants to do something for fans, which is great.
But the plan for its dancers to perform full programs on Monday also in large part is intended as a celebration for the dancers themselves to enjoy. :ghug:

Scrufflet

Final Flight
A bright light in a bleak situation. I had heard that Orser and Wilson were going to do something similar with their skaters. I haven't been able to find any info. Anyone know more than I do? Thanks in advance!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I hope they get at least a little bit of fun from it and are not forbidden to do that.

cl2

Final Flight
The skating world's ups and downs rival those of the stock market in recent days. My heart cannot take it anymore.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
That's a shame, would have been a good pick me up....

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The post below the cancellation post says this is not a good time for oniceperspectives to be traveling. Perhaps Jordan Cowan was going to do the filming?

He was, and he's just come back from the UK (where he was filming for Dancing on Ice) very recently too.

I suspect the Montreal rink closures have something to do with it too. It doesn't just mean closed to public sessions.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The post below the cancellation post says this is not a good time for oniceperspectives to be traveling. ....

... I suspect the Montreal rink closures have something to do with it too. It doesn't just mean closed to public sessions.

Please note:
Per OIP's Patreon page, Jordan Cowan flew (perhaps still is in air) -- from Montreal -- home to NYC tonight (Sunday night).

Which suggests to me that the cancellation was not caused by anything specifically related to him, given that yesterday IAM already had announced the cancellation.

The comment referenced by Ice Dance was just from some random person who has no official connection to IAM, as far as I can tell.

[Seems clear to me that Jordan wished that his filming could have gone forward. Excerpt of what OIP's Instastory tonight said (close to verbatim): I am so grateful for effort we made, and the intentions we had, to archive the final competitive versions of IAM #WorldFigure teams this Monday. However, in an abundance of caution, we are postponing this ambitious project until the public health crisis is over.]

OIP's Patreon page also has the full HD version of the short video of IAM skaters that Jordan edited a month ago (from November footage) -- with the intention of publishing it this weekend as Worlds was about to begin.
He published it today on Instagram anyway.

The Patreon HD version is accessible to non-supporters, but I do not know whether GS allows Patreon links.