Where to find a Scribe for Figures? | Golden Skate

Where to find a Scribe for Figures?

WhateverWorks

Spectator
This question probably applies to the older skaters who grew up doing figures.

Many years ago I did a lot figures (some might remember it as patch), and those who were around back when it was more popular probably are also very familiar with the device known as a Scribe. Anyway, figures are becoming more popular again, and there is even a Championship coming up for it later in the year. Black ice and rinks that are made for figures are so rare these days, and because of this I'm trying to find an elusive Scribe.

So, does anybody know where one can be found for sale? Or, if you've got one in an attic somewhere, and would like to sell it? Unfortunately, they haven't been that easy to find.

Wasn't sure where to post this question: So if it's in wrong area please feel free to move the post.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
This question probably applies to the older skaters who grew up doing figures.

Many years ago I did a lot figures (some might remember it as patch), and those who were around back when it was more popular probably are also very familiar with the device known as a Scribe. Anyway, figures are becoming more popular again, and there is even a Championship coming up for it later in the year. Black ice and rinks that are made for figures are so rare these days, and because of this I'm trying to find an elusive Scribe.

So, does anybody know where one can be found for sale? Or, if you've got one in an attic somewhere, and would like to sell it? Unfortunately, they haven't been that easy to find.

Wasn't sure where to post this question: So if it's in wrong area please feel free to move the post.

http://figure8.ca/shop/Figure-Skating-Scribe

Here is how you do it w/o scribe. This is how I do it. https://icoachskating.com/compulsory-figures-drawing-the-circles-without-a-scribe-page-lipe/

ETA: No that is not me in that article. (B/c I know people would assume Lol).

Nimyue

On the Ice
Just want to add that I started practicing figures at the beginning of every freestyle, and OMG has my skating improved. There is nothing more frustrating to learn IMO, but they pay out in dividends. Glad to hear more of us are learning them :D

Makena29

Spectator
Hi there! Did you ever find one? I found my old scribe in my parent’s basement and have been trying to figure out what to do with it. You’re welcome to have it for the cost of shipping!

madisonsue

Spectator
Hi Makena29 Do you still have your scribe? I’d be interested in it as I’m coming back to skating after 30 years off the ice!

Sue Chapman

bruingrl

Rinkside
Wow! I'm happy to hear figures are making a comeback. They were still a thing when I started skating and I was always fascinated watching the older skaters on their patch sessions. It looked so boring, but also so hard. 😂 Now I wish I could do figures, because it gives you so much better control over your edges. I keep watching old skating videos and everyone's footwork was so crisp. I'd love to see this come back again. Quads are getting too much hype IMO.