PIC skate questions | Golden Skate

PIC skate questions

christy

On the Ice
With all local rinks closed and many removing ice it's a very early end to my skating season and I've got quite a few months to fill. I'm debating getting some PIC skates (or similar - Snow Whites is it?) and would appreciate hearing about different experiences please. The biggest issue I have is trying to work out what surface I could use - our driveway is gravel and slopes anyway so can't see that working. I suppose our rink parking lot could be an option as it's asphalt, but it's not exactly level.
Also I tried inline skates a few years ago and found that I could go forwards in a straight line but that was about it. How different are PIC skates - do they actually have edges? Can you spin, and if so, how please?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thanks for the links, and sorry for not searching. From research so far I'm thinking I'd need loads of padding before venturing out on any of the options.

With pic and similar skates always wear proper protective gear (helmet, knee and elbow pads).

Schpanky

Rinkside
I feel like I've definitely responded to these threads, but didn't see my replys. Here's an amazing link if you have cash to spare...https://skatesus.com/product/roll-line-linea/

Good luck! Let us know what happens!

On another note, you could go with a Powerslide or Seba inline skate with a rockered plate, and that will feel just like an ice skate, but without the toe pick. Those are very good brands. Try slalom skating!!! (I'm just advocating, because that's my discipline ;) )