Chris Reed has passed away | Golden Skate

Chris Reed has passed away

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Passing of Chris Reed from Sudden Cardiac Death

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20200317-00000066-dal-spo
3 time Olympic representative Chris Reed died on the 15th, 12:20 AM in Detroit, it was made known on the 17th.
The Japan Figure Skating federation communicated that the cause was sudden cardiac death.
Chris Reed competed in the Olympics 3 times, Vancouver (17th) Sochi (21st) Pyeonchang (15th), before announcing his retirement from competition late last year.

"News of (his) passing is a great shock. We wish to express our deepest gratitude to Chris Reed who contributed so much over many years to the development of Japan's Ice dance, and our heart goes out to his families grief, and we send our prayers for Reeds' passing." -Comment from President Nagashima

(rough translation by me, please comment if you find an error)

----------
This is so sad and sudden. My heart goes out to the Reed family. :(

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh dear heavens:sad21:

My deepest sympathies to Cathy, Allison and the Reed family:pray:

Last edited by a moderator:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My heart and thoughts go out to his family, his friends and teammates... so very young.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Horrible horrible news. I had to read it twice to be sure what it said, I couldn't believe it.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
OMG. I did not expect that news. Was this the reason he and Kana ended their partnership?

Probably the most prolific Japanese ice dancer of all time. RIP.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My goodness. I just can't believe what I am reading.

I always liked Chris. Such a nice guy. And such a good ice dancer.

The Reed family always struck me as being very close and tight-knit. So, I cannot imagine what Cathy and Allison are going through losing their brother with whom they were so close. Or their parents, who have lost their son at such a young age. Or Kerstin, who has lost her long-term boyfriend.

My thoughts go out to all his family, friends and fans.

CaroLiza_fan

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is such horrible news. It was always such a pleasure to watch Chris ice dancer with his sister & Kana. Sending my condolences to his family, friends, & fans.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What terrible news! The poor Reed family, Chris was so young. :(

May he rest in peace and his family find comfort in happy memories of him.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is very sad and tragic. Chris always seemed to me to be exactly like his sister Allison described him in her tweet. Such a happy, gallant young man. May his family find comfort. RIP Chris.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
What terrible, shocking news! :( He was so young and obviously was fit and seemingly healthy (like Sergei Grinkov). He seemed like a great guy - very personable and well-liked by the other skaters. My sincere sympathies to his family and loved ones!

LadyB

Record Breaker
That's horrible and shocking news! He was one of those skaters that just belong there, always looked so full of fun. Yeah, really sad.