Chris Reed has passed away | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Chris Reed has passed away

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The credit for the video goes to lady_bee. I just followed the link.
Let's hope someone with the same passion and vision will take over where Chris left off.

Oops. :eek::

Sorry lady_bee. Thank you for the link to that adorable video! And for passing on the information about the funeral that Cathy posted.

:thank:

Cathy posted this in her Instagram;
Chris’ Obituary
http://m.schrader-howell.com/obituaries/events?obituaryId=12463744
His funeral will be streamed through Schrader-Howell Funeral Home's web-site, facebook, and Instagram from 8 a.m. on 21th.(EST) March.

I still can't find any word for his tribute wall:(

I don't know if it is just my computer, but that link (which is for the mobile phone version of the website) is coming up with an error message.

The undertaker's mustn't have their website set up in a way that works on both forms of technology.

So, here are the links for Chris' obituaries on the computer version of the website:

English - https://www.schrader-howell.com/obituaries/Chris-Reed?obId=12463744#/obituaryInfo
Japanese - https://www.schrader-howell.com/obituaries/-?obId=12473506#/obituaryInfo

It was interesting to see that Chris' full name was Robert Christopher Reed. So, he was named after his Dad, but was known by his middle name, presumably to avoid confusion arising.

I admit that I did think it strange that the funeral was being held very early in the morning in Michigan. But when I put the local time into the time converter to see what time that was in the UK, I realised that this time was probably chosen deliberately to make it easy for people across the world to work out what time the funeral is at in their time zone. Because 08:00 EST is 12:00 GMT.

Even when they are in mourning, the Reeds are thinking about their family, friends and fans across the world.

CaroLiza_fan

ice coverage

Record Breaker
R.I.P., Chris Reed. :sad4:
My condolences to all who loved him.

Has the memorial fund set up by his family been mentioned in this thread?
GoFundMe has the page for Chris Reed Memorial Fund ... "so that other skaters can follow his passion."
(Posting the GoFundMe link in The Edge is not allowed.)

ETA:
I see now that the GoFundMe link is at the bottom of his obituary.​

... I admit that I did think it strange that the funeral was being held very early in the morning in Michigan. But when I put the local time into the time converter to see what time that was in the UK, I realised that this time was probably chosen deliberately to make it easy for people across the world to work out what time the funeral is at in their time zone. Because 08:00 EST is 12:00 GMT. ...

Just my two cents, but my hunch is that when the Reeds were choosing the time, what they were extremely mindful of was large numbers of friends and fans in Japan.
8:00 am EDT = 9:00 pm in Japan, I believe.
Holding the service later in the morning in the U.S. would have meant that it would have been even later at night for those in Japan.

... Even when they are in mourning, the Reeds are thinking about their family, friends and fans across the world. ...

Agreed that it was thoughtfulness from the Reeds :ghug: that determined the time choice.

rinkside_user

On the Ice
I'm still in disbelief. Posts by Cathy, Allison, and Kerstin are really hard to read without getting emotional. What a tragedy.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Maia recently had cancer surgery, and presumably had treatment that left her with a suppressed immune system. If so, she is one of those at risk from COVID- 19.

Thats the rub. EVERYONE with diabetes, everyone on certain drugs, everyone with certain conditions....and not just us old people with COPD are at risk. If the ventilators run out, or too many techs who run them are sick, then hard decisions have to be made. In the state of WA, 93 percent of the deaths are folks over 60, but this got going in a nursing home (s). None of my business what drugs Maia is on....just want her to be safe and avoid people.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I still can't believe this :( Devastating. My condolences to his family, girlfriend and friends.