Chris Reed has passed away | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Chris Reed has passed away

lady_bee

Medalist
Chris’s last blog posted on 11th March in Japanese;

https://ameblo.jp/reed-icedance-blog/

”Hi, long time no see.

I have been preparing to move in Japan since I came back Michigan in January.
Last week, I send stuffs in my apartment, and lots of exercise goods to Japan.

From now on, Cathy and I are starting new & tough journey to take Japanese Ice dace to new age.
I am looking forward it.

However, (the outbreak of) corona-virus has delayed my trip to Japan,
I hope it will end soon.

Take care, everybody!"

Excuse my bad translation. I just wanted to let you know how he was excited about starting new career.
He and Cathy just started "Kinoshita Academy Ice Dance School" for young skaters in Jan.:sad21:.

I am still in a deep shock and feeling sorry for his family.

Edit: It's not clear in his blog, but I don't think he's got coronavirus. It sounds he had some trouble in his trip, thanks to the outbreak.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Such a deja vu of Sergei Grinkov. :sad21: He has done such a great job as a pioneer of the sport in his own country, and he was revving up to continue on that path.
My thoughts go out to Cathy, Alison and his entire family and dear ones. Poor Kana must be shaken, too. :sad4:
Certainly this wasn't the news I wanted to wake up to. RIP Chris

LadyB

Record Breaker
Chris’s last blog posted on 11th March in Japanese;

https://ameblo.jp/reed-icedance-blog/

”Hi, long time no see.

I have been preparing to move in Japan since I came back Michigan in January.
Last week, I send stuffs in my apartment, and lots of exercise goods to Japan.

From now on, Cathy and I are starting new & tough journey to take Japanese Ice dace to new age.
I am looking forward it.

However, corona-virus has delayed my trip to Japan,
I hope it will end soon.

Take care, everybody!"

Excuse my bad translation. I just wanted to let you know how he was excited about starting new career.
He and Cathy just started "Kinoshita Academy Ice Dance School" for young skaters in Jan.:sad21:.

I am still in a deep shock and feeling sorry for his family.

Oh My God! That is so eerie and horrible! Hoping the coronavirus will be over soon.... Poor Chris, all his loved ones and fans :pray:

Thanks for sharing this, lady_bee!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Absolutely tragic news. I know it has been said, but it bears repeating- 30 is so very, very young. RIP dear Chris.

macy

Record Breaker
how terrible...he was so much fun to watch and had a lot of talent. i can't imagine how his family, girlfriend and Kana must be feeling right now. so tragic. may they find peace during this extremely hard time. RIP.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
So sad to read this. :( My condolences to the family. He and Cathy were doing a lot for the Japanese ice dance, I remember reading about them doing camps and such. And he and Kana were one of my favorite dance couples, their sakura themed FD was one of my all time favorites. It's such a loss for the entire skating community.
I hope the Kinoshita dance project can somehow continue so his legacy can live on :(

lady_bee

Medalist
Oh My God! That is so eerie and horrible! Hoping the coronavirus will be over soon.... Poor Chris, all his loved ones and fans :pray:

Thanks for sharing this, lady_bee!

Just in case if I confused you, I want tell you that his cause of death is "sudden cardiac death" but not coronavirus. I think the outbreak of coronavirus has delayed his trip to Japan. Please excuse my poor English.

noskates

Record Breaker
This is terrible news for one so young to die. My heart goes out to his family and friends. RIP Chris.

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So sad to read this. :( My condolences to the family. He and Cathy were doing a lot for the Japanese ice dance, I remember reading about them doing camps and such. And he and Kana were one of my favorite dance couples, their sakura themed FD was one of my all time favorites. It's such a loss for the entire skating community.
I hope the Kinoshita dance project can somehow continue so his legacy can live on :(

I am so sad to hear this, i am so very sorry for his famiy and loved ones. That free dance too was a personal favorite with its quiet beauty.

In tribute here is the Sakura themed FD from 2018 4CC

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I'm also having Sergei Grinkov flashbacks, and I'm as shocked to hear about Chris as I was when I heard about Sergei. How awful. All my sympathies to his family and friends. What a loss for Japanese ice dance.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
So sad to see someone pass away so young. I know he was not of the medal level of Sergei but I thought of him. I also thought the man just retired. So young. RIP.