Something fun | Golden Skate

Something fun

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m spending some of this down time learning to make candles. So I thought it would be fun to think up candles for our favorite skaters. For example, Gracie would have a red candle, because that’s her favorite color, with the scents of roses and cherry blossoms (because those are her favorite scents) and bamboo, because she bends but doesn’t break.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
For Chock and Bates (there are two left!)
One in Pink Sand scent for Madison and the other in New Leather for Evan.

il_794xN.1111692624_g90e.jpg

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A black candle for Evan Lysacek (so many of his costumes were black)?

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evgenia looks great in many colors, but I love blue. So sky blue, eucalyptus. Eucalyptus is my favorite, so my favorite scent, color and skater. :)

Seven Sisters

Medalist

View attachment 1198

I think Pink Sand would be way too subtle for Ms Chock. You’d need something very flamboyant; maybe an exotic Hawaiian flower, as she has Hawaiian heritage IIRC?

And maybe apple pie, for the Norman Rockwell-ish, All-American Mr Bates. (I’m being polite—my first thought was, white bread :))

Seven Sisters

Medalist
And for Moonvine’s beloved Hawayek and Baker, you could play on Jean Luc’s British heritage—tea and crumpets, Victorian rose and orchids.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Pink Sand would be way too subtle for Ms Chock. You’d need something very flamboyant; maybe an exotic Hawaiian flower, as she has Hawaiian heritage IIRC?

And maybe apple pie, for the Norman Rockwell-ish, All-American Mr Bates. (I’m being polite—my first thought was, white bread :))

I LOVE apple pie for Evan. Spicy with cinnamon, and sweet. And yes, he looks like many a little boy in a Rockwell painting, with the red hair and freckles. (I like white bread too, as long as it's a peanut butter sandwich :)

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

View attachment 1198

The funny thing is, the picture on the candle is labeled "Chuck full o' fun" ... when the correct expression is actually "CHOCK full o' fun" !!!

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
I would say red with gold accents for Alina Zagitova. Maybe the gold could be little specks or gold carvings to resemble her Don Quixote costume, a dog for Masuru, or the Olympic rings. The scent would be Japanese Cherry Blossom because she loves Japan so much.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The funny thing is, the picture on the candle is labeled "Chuck full o' fun" ... when the correct expression is actually "CHOCK full o' fun" !!!

Yes!!! It should be Chock Full of Fun :)

What I loved though is the Snake- :love: in the drawing.

It brings to mind the stuffed snake Madison got at Nationals here, and kept in her lap in the KnC.
https://youtu.be/xeA1CqN_m8A?t=356

Last edited:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
For Yuzuru, just pure beeswax, since he likes bees and I can't imagine he's very fond of heavy or unnatural fragrances. Blue, of course, in an elegant gold candelabra with Swarovski crystals. :biggrin:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes!!! It should be Chock Full of Fun :)

What I loved though is the Snake- :love: in the drawing.

It brings to mind the stuffed snake Madison got at Nationals here, and kept in her lap in the KnC.
https://youtu.be/xeA1CqN_m8A?t=356

Oh, yes, I loved the illustration too, and that lap-snake Madison had was so fun. :) It actually took me several glances at the picture to notice that "chuck" should have been "chock."

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For Yuzuru, just pure beeswax, since he likes bees and I can't imagine he's very fond of heavy or unnatural fragrances. Blue, of course, in an elegant gold candelabra with Swarovski crystals. :biggrin:

What about honey from the bees? (the scent, not actual honey, I don't think that would work with wax?)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For Yuzu, a candle decorated with Pooh! moonvine, you beat me to the honey scent! :rofl:

A Spiderman themed candle for Boyang Jin!