Is Anyone up for a Pairs Watch Party? 6 AM EDT, 12 Noon CET | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Is Anyone up for a Pairs Watch Party? 6 AM EDT, 12 Noon CET

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m trying to remember when they were teamed up. Was this their first season together?

No, the switch was done in spring 2016. The first year, Yu/Zhang did really well. Then this year, P/J showed their such lovely qualities. I always loved P/J's SPs, though.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes. If you remember, Alexa & Chris did not skate well here and finished 15th.

Yeah, thanks. I did re-watch parts of this broadcast a few weeks ago. I remember thinking that some girls cry when they're happy with a performance. Alexa seems to be jubilant when she skated well and cries when she's the one who makes the mistakes, while Chris did a lot of reassuring and comforting of her.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And here come the Final Four!!!! :hap93:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I find myself wishing that Della Monica/Guarise would skate with at least half of the personality of Marchei/Hotarek, and would choose less snoozy programs.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vanessa and Morgan . Sigh. So well done, and so beautiful. And Vanessa is one of the pairs girls who cries when happy. :)

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Good job from Zabiako/Enbert!

Right, I'm off to put the kettle on before Savchenko/Massot.

And miss James/Cipres?!!

They were just dazzling here—even with the fall on the throw. They really had something special. Well deserved standing ovation.

I wonder if we will ever see them again.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Still absolutely breathtaking, chills are still running down my spine

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aljona and Bruno. So mesmerizing. So breathtaking. And so much emotion, in the skating. Just spectacular. :bow:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am missing both James & Cipres and Savchenko and Massot right now! And wanting Tarasova & to enjoy skating again, as they seemed to be doing during that Candyman program.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
(sigh) Candyman is still bad, but T/M did amazingly well considering what went before them. And quad twist yo

Seven Sisters

Medalist
You can see that the idea probably was, let’s have an energetic rock and roll type LP to provide a nice contrast with the classical Russian pair SP. But this didn’t show off their strengths in any way, just a complete misstep. It didn’t show the extent of their range quite in the way their coaches were thinking!

They would have been better off returning to an old program mid-season, I think.

But—wasn’t watching this together fun, folks? Shall we do it again for the next event?

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
You can see that the idea probably was, let’s have an energetic rock and roll type LP to provide a nice contrast with the classical Russian pair SP. But this didn’t show off their strengths in any way, just a complete misstep. It didn’t show the extent of their range quite in the way their coaches were thinking!

They would have been better off returning to an old program mid-season, I think.

But—wasn’t watching this together fun, folks? Shall we do it again for the next event?

Yep, I'll be back for the ladies short tomorrow :)

Looking forward to Ne Me Quitte Pas!