Is Anyone up for a Pairs Watch Party? 6 AM EDT, 12 Noon CET | Golden Skate

Is Anyone up for a Pairs Watch Party? 6 AM EDT, 12 Noon CET

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I know we are all looking for diversions right now. I just finished watching the Pairs Short from 2018 Worlds, freely available at the link below:

https://isu.org/figure-skating/news...e-skating-championships-2018?templateParam=15

I think I must have missed the original broadcast, and then, having heard what happened to Seguin & Bilodeau couldn’t bear to seek out the replay...but now, from this distance, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The next event is the Ladies SP LP; are any of us up for a watch party, with commentary like we have in our competition threads? We can play pretend!

What time is 12 noon CET where you are? Graz has CET, so I am arbitrarily locating this fantasy comp there.

Time in Other Places

Livestream

https://www.youtube.com/SkatingISU?sub_confirmation=1

ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2018 Streaming Schedule:
Saturday, March 28 12:00 (CET) Pairs Short Program
Sunday, March 29 12:00 (CET) Pairs Free Skating
Monday, March 30 12:00 (CET) Ladies Short Program
Tuesday, March 31 12:00 (CET) Ladies Free Skating
Wednesday, April 1 12:00 (CET) Ice Dance Short Dance
Thursday, April 2 12:00 (CET) Ice Dance Free Dance
Friday, April 3 12:00 (CET) Men Short Program
Saturday, April 4 12:00 (CET) Men Free Skating
Sunday, April 5 12:00 (CET) Exhibition Gala

Last edited by a moderator:

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I know we are all looking for diversions right now. I just finished watching the Pairs Short from 2018 Worlds, freely available at the link below:

https://isu.org/figure-skating/news...e-skating-championships-2018?templateParam=15

I think I must have missed the original broadcast, and then, having heard what happened to Seguin & Bilodeau couldn’t bear to seek out the replay...but now, from this distance, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The next event is the Pairs LP; are any of us up for a watch party, with commentary like we have in our competition threads? We can play pretend!

This sounds like a great idea! It would be really fun to re-watch all the events from 2018 Worlds with the fun of the commentary from everyone.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
:) I am!

I watched the pairs short too and was surprised by the number of supportive comments I read in the youtube chat. :pray:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Me too. Um .... when would that be? And would we chat in this thread, or what?

Let’s do it here! That way folks who haven’t visited the competition threads can see how much fun they are, and may like to join us there—if and when we have live skating to watch in the future!

Everybody figure out when the stream starts where you are, then join us here as it happens. Link is in the first post.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
According to the the link, each event starts at 12:00 Central European Time :)

For me it is GMT +1, although we are moving our clocks forward tomorrow :scratch2:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I forgot Katia and Harley skated so late in the SP last night. I didn't go to bed until 1am :bed:

And now I am all sad, because they were so good and I was salty all the way through Conners/Krasnopolski, because never forget he literally teamed up with her solely to go to the Olympics and then dumped her, but they did qualify and that caused Israel to bump Australia out of the team event, and now, and now it looks like that was our only chance :cry:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I forgot Katia and Harley skated so late in the SP last night. I didn't go to bed until 1am :bed:

And now I am all sad, because they were so good:cry:

They did look good at this competition, I agree—skating with a lot more confidence than I’ve seen from them since.

And in that short Tarasova/Morosov looked unstoppable, a classic Russian pair at the height of their game.

This was only two years ago!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Don't be too sad, karne! Your new dancers are very talented (Holly Harris & Joseph Chan), and a good dance team can be the anchor of a country's team for a long time.

Is there any chance Harley finds a new partner? In any case, if Australia does not make it as a team in 2022, then 2026.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Pairs Free Skate
Sunday March 29, 2020

What time is 12 noon CET where you are? Graz has CET, so I am arbitrarily locating this fantasy comp there.

Time in Other Places

Livestream

https://www.youtube.com/SkatingISU?sub_confirmation=1

No.NameNation
1Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR
SP: Paint It Black performed by Hidden Citizen; choreo by I. Tchiniaev
FS: Tango in the Park (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Randy Edelman, The Business of Love (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Domino, You Would Be My Baby (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Vanessa Williams, Hey Pachuco (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Straight Up; choreo by Irina Zhuk
AUS
2Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER
SP: I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) from "Sunshine on Leith" (soundtrack) by Charlie & Craig Reid; choreo by Mark Pillay
FS: "Yellow," and "Fix You," cover versions of a Coldplay medley; choreo by Mark Pillay
AUT
WDSofiya KARAGODINA / Semyon STEPANOV
SP: Flamenco; choreo by Natalia Bogomolova
FS: "Caruso" performed by Mirielle Mathieu; choreo by Natalia Bogomolova
AZE
3Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO
SP: Sweet Dreams performed by Terez Montcalm; Sweet Dreams performed by Escala; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: "Un Ange Passe" by Alain Lefevre (reprise of 2016-17 LP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
CAN
4Camille RUEST / Andrew WOLFE
SP: "Oblivion" by Astor Piazzolla, performed by Marisa Lemcke; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: "Earth Song by Michael Jackson; "Home" by Armand Amar (reprise of 2016-17 LP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
CAN
5Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU
SP: "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Lorde; choreo by M.-F. Dubreuil; P. Lauzon, D. Wilson
FS: Where's My Love (SYML); choreo by M.-F. Dubreuil; P. Lauzon, D. Wilson
CAN
6Cheng PENG/Yang JIN
SP: "Assassin's Tango" (from "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" soundtrack) by John Powell; choreo by Lori Nichol
FS: "The Butterfly Lovers' Violin Concerto" by He Zhanhao, Chen Gang; choreo by Lori Nichol
CHN
WDWenjing SUI / Cong HAN
SP: "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen, performed by K.D. Lang; choreo by Lori Nichol
FS: "Violin Fantasy on Puccini's Turandot" by Vanessa-Mae, "Nessun Dorma," from "Turandot" by Giacomo Puccini, performed by Luciano Pavarotti; choreo by Lori Nichol
CHN
7Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG
SP: Swan Lake by Petr I Tchaikovski; choreo by Lori Nichol
FS: Star Wars medley; Jyn Erso & Hope Suite, Star Wars: Princess Leia, and Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace; choreo by Lori Nichol
CHN
8Lana PETRANOVIC / Antonio SOUZA-KORDEIRU
SP: "Strange Birds" performed by Birdy, (information from 2016/17 season); choreo by Juri Larionov, Ivan Righini
FS: "Happy (Woodkid Sad Remix)" by Pharrell Williams, "Stayin’ Alive" by Bee Gees, "Disco Inferno" performed by The Trammps, (information from 2016/17 season); choreo by Juri Larionov, Ivan Righini
CRO
9Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR
SP: "LA 40 (Album: Tango Hereje)" by the Mozart Tango Players (reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Maurizio Margaglio
FS: Once Upon a Time (from "Nouba" - Cirque du Soleil), La Nouba (from "Nouba" - Cirque du Soleil), Pearl (from "Kooza" - Cirque du Soleil), Klezmer Moment (from "Corteo" - Cirque du Soleil); choreo by Rotislav Sinicyn
CZE
10Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIM
SP: "A Day in the Life" by Paul McCartney, John Lennon, performed by Jeff Beck (reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: "Je ne suis qu'une chanson" by Diane Justler, performed by Ginette Reno; choreo by Julie Marcotte
PRK
11Lola ESBRAT / Andrei NOVOSELOV
SP: "Nocturne" (from "Lady Caliph") by Ennio Morricone, performed by Yo Yo Ma; choreo by Nathalie Pechalat, Jerome Blanchard, Line Haddad
FS: "Back to Black" (from “The Great Gatsby” soundtrack) by Amy Winehouse, Mark Ronson; "Catgroove" by Parov Stelar;"Hotel Sayre" (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack) by Craig Armstrong; "Young and Beautiful" (from “The Great Gatsby” soundtrack) by Lana Del Ray; "Crazy in Love" (from “The Great Gatsby” soundtrack)(2016-17 season's program); choreo by Nathalie Pechalat, Jerome Blanchard, Line Haddad
FRA
12Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES
SP: "Make It Rain" by Foy Vance, performed by Ed Sheeran, arranged by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by John Kerr, Silvia Fontana
FS: "Sound of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel performed by Disturbed, arranged by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by John Kerr, Silvia Fontana
FRA
13Annika HOCKE / Ruben BLOMMAERT
SP: "Big Spender" from Sweet Charity by Cy Coleman and Dorothy Fields; choreo by Mark Pillay, Aliona Savchenko
FS: Romeo & Juliet soundtrack by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Mark Pillay, Aliona Savchenko
GER
14Aljona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT
SP: "That Man" performed by Caro Emerald; choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky
FS: "La Terre vue du ciel by Armand Amar, edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky
GER
15Zoe JONES / Christopher BOYADJI
SP: "It's 's a Man's Man's Man's World by James Brown, Betty Jean Newsome, performed by Seal; choreo by Mark Hanretty, Phil Harris
FS: "Who Wants To Live Forever by Brian May, performed by The Tenors ft. Lindsey Stirling; choreo by Mark Hanretty, Phil Harris
GBR
16Elizaveta KASHITSYNA / Mark MAGYAR
SP: "The Deer" by Woodkid; choreo by Robin Szolkowy, Dmitri Savin
FS: "Farewell" by Apocalyptica; "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica, performed by Apocalyptica; choreo by Robin Szolkowy, Dmitri Savin
HUN
17Paige CONNERS / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI
SP: Ghost, the musical; choreo by Galit Chait
FS: Schindler's List soundtrack by John Williams; choreo by Galit Chait
ISR
18Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE
SP: a revised version of their 2015-16 program, Magnificat by Mina; choreo by Raffaella Cazzaniga, Giuseppe Arena
FS: "Tree of Life Suite" by Roberto Cacciapaglia; choreo by Raffaella Cazzaniga, Giuseppe Arena
ITA
19Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK
SP: "Tu vuo fa l'americano, " performed by Renato Carosone; choreo by Massimo Scali
FS: "The Great Italian Tradition" from the "Amarcord" soundtrack by Nino Rota; choreo by Petr Tchernyshev
ITA
20Miu SUZAKI / Ryuichi KIHARA
SP: Yuri on Ice soundtrack by Taro Umebayashi; choreo by Yuka Sato, Pasquale Camerlengo
FS: Romeo & Juliet by Nino Rota; choreo by Yuka Sato, Pasquale Camerlengo
JPN
21Kyueun KIM / Alex Kang Chan KAM
SP: Historia de un Amor, Mambo No.8; choreo by Drew Meekins, Valerie Saurette
FS: Man of La Mancha soundtrack, including "The Impossible Dream; choreo by Drew Meekins, Valerie Saurette
KOR
22Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV
SP: "Adagio For Strings" by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, "Requiem in D Minor" by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, "O Fortuna" (from "Carmina Burana") by Carl Orff; choreo by Sergei Komolov
FS: "Another Day Of Sun" from "La La Land" (soundtrack) by Justin Hurwitz, "City Of Stars" from "La La Land" soundtrack by Justin Hurwitz, "Epilogue" from "La La Land" soundtrack by Justin Hurwitz; choreo by Sergei Komolov
RUS
23Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV
SP: Piano Concerto No. 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov; choreo by Petr Tchernyshev, Tatiana Druchinina
FS: "Candyman" by Christina Aguilera, Linda Perry, "Nasty Naughty Boy" by Christina Aguilera, Linda Perry, "Ready Teddy" performed by Elvis Presley; choreo by Petr Tchernyshev, Tatiana Druchinina
RUS
24Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT
SP: "Summer of '42 soundtrack, including "The Summer Knows by Michel Legrand;" choreo by Tatiana Druchinina, Olga Orlova
FS: Too Close by Alex Clare (Evan Duffy Cover) , I love you much too much by Bob Zurke, The Sleeping Beauty. Act 1-8. Pas d'action by Petr Tchaikovsky, The Sleeping Beauty by Petr I. Tchaikovski; choreo by Tatiana Druchinina, Olga Orlova
RUS
25Laura BARQUERO / Aritz MAESTU
SP: "Unchained Melody" from the Ghost soundtrack;choreo by Valter Rizzo, Lukas Csolley
FS: Romeo and Juliet by Abel Kornzeniowski, including "Come Gentle Night," "The Cheek of the Night," and "A. Thousand Times Goodnight;" choreo by Valter Rizzo, Lukas Csolley
ESP
26Ioulia CHTCHETININA / Mikhail AKULOV
SP: "One More Light" by Linkin Park; choreo by Andrei Filonov
FS: "My Way" by Frank Sinatra; choreo by Andrei Filonov
SUI
WDTarah KAYNE / Danny O'SHEA
SP: "All I Ask of You" from Phantom of the Opera, by Andrew Lloyd Webber; choreo by Massimo Scali, Shae-Lynn Bourne, Shae Zukiwsky
FS: Swan Lake by Petr I. Tchaikovski, choreo by Massimo Scali, Shae-Lynn Bourne, Shae Zukiwsky
USA
27Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIM
SP: Come What May, from Moulin Rouge (2016-17 program); choreo by Cindy Stuart
FS: Ghost the musical (2016-17 program); choreo by Cindy Stuart, Christopher Dean
USA
28Deanna STELLATO / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY
SP: "Hallelujah" performed by Canadian Tenors; choreo by Rohene Ward
FS: "One Love" and "Where the Streets have No Name" by U2; choreo by Mark Pillay
USA

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Starts in three minutes! Anyone else watching?

(Also thank goodness Europe's clocks changed last night. A 9pm start is much more palatable when I have to be logged on for work early tomorrow.)

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Hi everyone! Really looking forward to having company, even if it is virtual, for a re-watch. My friend and I usually meet up to watch skating, which obviously we can't do at the moment, so online company will be great!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Also, I spent this entire Worlds accidentally calling it the Meldonium Forum in my head.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
This is making me realise I'd forgotten how off-axis Katia and Harley's throws could be!
ETA: the rest of their performance is great though :yay: