1996 Canadian Stars on Ice Spaghetti Western | Golden Skate

1996 Canadian Stars on Ice Spaghetti Western

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thank you very much for this. But I need help, my memory is not good enough. Can someone list all the skaters that are in this.

This site gives a cast list and list of numbers.

http://www.kurtfiles.com/soi20years/soi1996.php

Here's the Canadian cast list from that site:

Kurt Browning
Scott Hamilton
Brian Orser
Kristi Yamaguchi
Ekaterina Gordeeva
Josee Chouinard
Christine Hough & Doug Ladret
Isabelle Brasseur & Lloyd Eisler
Elena Bechke & Denis Petrov

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Skaters in order of appearance:

Lloyd Eisler (in mask)
Scott Hamilton
guy with beard in rust-colored shirt (who I didn't recognize, which puzzled me a lot)
Brian Orser in white shirt with very puffy sleeves
pair (her blonde/him dark)
another pair (or dancers?) again her blonde/him dark
Isabelle Brasseur
Lloyd Isler in blue dress

Those were the ones I recognized without the cast list.

After I saw the cast list, I think maybe the first pair was Hough/Ladred and the second couple was Beche/Petrov

Which leaves me with the guy with the beard in the rust-colored shirt. By the process of elimination, he must be .... Kurt Browning! I can almost convince myself that it is Kurt Browning, but he sure fooled me!

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Skaters in order of appearance:

Which leaves me with the guy with the beard in the rust-colored shirt. By the process of elimination, he must be .... Kurt Browning! I can almost convince myself that it is Kurt Browning, but he sure fooled me!

Thank you NanaPat for the info. I was guessing the same as you that was Kurt Browning but I wasn't sure. It was nice to see some of my old favorites. The only name I don't remember is Elena Bechke.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thank you NanaPat for the info. I was guessing the same as you that was Kurt Browning but I wasn't sure. It was nice to see some of my old favorites. The only name I don't remember is Elena Bechke.

Or maybe we're both delusional and that isn't Kurt Browning at all. I also clicked on the link to the program, and it says Kurt Browning was in the number, and who else could have been Kurt? The program also says Josee Chouinard was in the number, but I didn't see her in the video.

mdr19

Rinkside
Or maybe we're both delusional and that isn't Kurt Browning at all. I also clicked on the link to the program, and it says Kurt Browning was in the number, and who else could have been Kurt? The program also says Josee Chouinard was in the number, but I didn't see her in the video.

If Kurt was in the number then that guy must be Kurt I guess? Though I must say he for sure fooled me as well.
In any case, it's such a fun program!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I do remember Katarina Witt in the American SOI version of this program.

liv

Record Breaker
I think the fact that he had hair here is throwing people off in identifying Kurt!!

The first pair that did the lift where she did a little somersault and then went under the man's legs was Bechke/Petrov... and the second pair was Hough/ladret.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think the fact that he had hair here is throwing people off in identifying Kurt!!

The first pair that did the lift where she did a little somersault and then went under the man's legs was Bechke/Petrov... and the second pair was Hough/ladret.

I remember Kurt with a mullet, and I remember him almost bald, but I must have missed "moderate-hair" Kurt.

I wasn't sure about the pairs because they went appeared and disappeared so quickly.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yes, Kurt had the fake beard on.. Josee was not in this, Kristi Y was instead.

Weathergal

Medalist
Ladskater, thanks so much for sharing that! I really enjoyed it! I hadn't seen it before, but it brought back many wonderful skating memories of so many great skaters.

For those who were asking about who's who earlier - red bearded guy is definitely Kurt Browning. You have to look closely at the facial expressions and some of the skating moves, but it's him.

Since a few people mentioned they weren't familiar with Bechke / Petrov...The first skating pair is Elena Bechke / Denis Petrov. You can tell Christine Hough / Doug Ladret later on because of his...um...mullet. (Not judging LOL!) Bechke / Petrov were excellent skaters and won a silver in the 92 Olympics. They were married to each other but later divorced. Elena is now married and has children with her current spouse - and she teaches skating in the U.S.; Denis is now married to Chen Lu and lives with her and their children in China where they teach skating together.