Haven Denney, Brandon Frazier mark another U.S. pair split | Golden Skate

Haven Denney, Brandon Frazier mark another U.S. pair split

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
4 days old, but just wanted to put it out there.....

2017 U.S. pair champions, have announced the end of their partnership. The team was the 2013 world junior champions and grew up skating together: first on roller skates before making the transition to ice.

“Even though our competitive chapter as a pair is over, these memories we created together will last a lifetime,” Frazier posted in part on Facebook. “It was a privilege to be able to have the opportunity to skate with you [Denney] and learn life’s most important lessons through sport.”

More...

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Interesting that Brandon is continuing. I recall him saying in the past "My career ends with Haven" I always found it sweet, but he should not be locked to it.

I wonder if he has has a tryout with Alexa. He could be a good option that does not require a pair split.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
World Junior Champs and US National Champs is a competitive career to be proud of. I'd be genuinely surprised to see Haven skating again--I suspect that her injuries play a large factor in that. But best of luck to both of them in their futures.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
World Junior Champs and US National Champs is a competitive career to be proud of. I'd be genuinely surprised to see Haven skating again--I suspect that her injuries play a large factor in that. But best of luck to both of them in their futures.

And, they ended on a high note: two Grand Prix medals in their final season, the best international results of any US pair.

Best of luck to them in their future endeavors.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Is Haven going to retire? I agree that Brandon would make a great partner for Alexa.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
TSL has said that Brandon is going to be Alexa's new partner. He is supposed to move to the west coast at some point to start training with her. Of course with the CV, timing may be impacted.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
It seems like it was a split on good terms and that maybe Haven is going to retire. Alexa and Brandon will have a strong twist, that's for sure.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
TSL has said that Brandon is going to be Alexa's new partner. He is supposed to move to the west coast at some point to start training with her. Of course with the CV, timing may be impacted.

Was this on Twitter? I was trying to find it but didn't see it anywhere. I am very intrigued by the possibilities for them. Wishing them all the best.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Just an FYI: We've been talking about this topic for days on the US pairs and the pairs and dance breakups threads. I broke the news last week.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I knew about the split but never officially saw anything about Alexa and Brandon becoming a team. I kept hoping! :pray:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry to hear that they split, but glad it was on good terms. Wishing both of the all the best in their futures. Wishing Alexa a successful new partnership with Brandon.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Was this on Twitter? I was trying to find it but didn't see it anywhere. I am very intrigued by the possibilities for them. Wishing them all the best.

Dave posted on Patreon (I'm a subscriber). He said they tried out in Nashville a while back and will make an announcement in April.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dave posted on Patreon (I'm a subscriber). He said they tried out in Nashville a while back and will make an announcement in April.

Oh that's right -- I forgot about Patreon. I don't subscribe. I scoured Instagram and Twitter and couldn't figure out why I didn't find anything. Glad to hear they've already had a try out! I really like them both and can't wait to see them together.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's interesting. The Fanzone article says the tryout happened weeks later, in California.
https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...and-brandon-frazier-announce-partnership.aspx

Not only that, but as I am sure many folks here already know, Alexa had a caption to an IG story for pairs camp in Nashville with words to the effect "Here as a Coach, not a participant". I guess that Alexa and Brandon could have skated together, but I'm thinking the "real" tryout was in California.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not only that, but as I am sure many folks here already know, Alexa had a caption to an IG story for pairs camp in Nashville with words to the effect "Here as a Coach, not a participant". I guess that Alexa and Brandon could have skated together, but I'm thinking the "real" tryout was in California.

They may have skated together in Nashville and made preliminary plans but not called it a formal tryout. Alexa and team have been extremely savvy about controlling and shaping the narrative these past two months.