2019-20 Best step sequence - Senior Men | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Best step sequence - Senior Men

rabidline

Final Flight
That's not a step sequence that is a choreographic sequence? maybe separate category needed for choreo sequences...

I second the motion to have a separate category for Best Choreographic Sequences- there are some amazing ones from the men and ladies this season... we have the best choreographic slides for ice dance, why not for the singles skaters?

Gourlie

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
1. Shoma Uno / SP / Japanese Nationals
2. Kevin Aymoz / SP / GP Final
3. Shoma Uno / FS / Challenge Cup
4. Jason Brown / SP / 4CC
5. Han Yan / SP / 4CC

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
1. Jason Brown SP 4CC
2. Keegan Messing SP 4CC
3. Han Yan SP Cup of China
4. Shoma Uno SP Japanese Nationals
5. Andrew Torgashev SP US Nationals

Last edited:

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Two posters earlier nominateded Alexei Krasnozhon's StSq from his FS at US Intl. Classic, but somehow I doubt they had his actual step sequence in mind. There's nothing special or characteristic about it. Pretty sure they were thinking of his choreo sequence instead, which is not particularly interesting either imo, but he did deliver it with the intensity of a um, madman :laugh: So I guess it was very passionate, I mean it certainly got me scared, so... :p

HEH. I did notice the nominations for Krasnozhon’s step sequence and I was absolutely itching to point it out. “I think you mean his choreographic sequence. Or at least I hope you do.” But I refrained because I didn’t want to make the posters feel some kind of way. But yeah, his step sequence in that program is almost as bad as his spins. His ChSq, on the other hand, is actually quite good. The intensity is what brings it out! It’s why it works. A more refined skater would have created a completely different (and wrong) mood.

....why isnt there a best choreographic sequence category? There were a few that were great this season. Cha’s Ina Bauer and spiral sequence was my favorite.

I’m currently itching to point that Uno wasn’t at 4CC this year. That must have been one hell of a step sequence!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1) Shoma Uno / SP / JPN Nationals
2) Shoma Uno / FS/ Challenge Cup

SteamedEggplant

Rinkside
1. Yuzuru Hanyu / SP / Skate Canada - the one in practice was awe inspiring too
2. Yuzuru Hanyu / SP / 4CC
3. Yuzuru Hanyu / FS / Skate Canada - what can I say, his step sequences really hit me
4. Shoma Uno / SP / Japanese Nationals
5. Han Yan / SP / Cup of China

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
1. Jason Brown SP - 4CCs
2. Kevin Aymoz SP - GPF
3. Andrew Torgashev SP - US Nats
4. Han Yan SP - 4CCs
5. Keegan Messing SP - 4CCA

Honourable mentions: Jason FS, Andrew FS, Michal Brezina both programs

selene16angie

Rinkside
1. Yuzuru Hanyu / SP / 4CC
2. Han Yan / SP / Cup of China
3. Yuzuru Hanyu / FS / Skate Canada
4. Yuzuru Hanyu / SP / Skate Canada
5. Jason Brown / SP / 4CC

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Two posters earlier nominateded Alexei Krasnozhon's StSq from his FS at US Intl. Classic, but somehow I doubt they had his actual step sequence in mind. There's nothing special or characteristic about it. Pretty sure they were thinking of his choreo sequence instead, which is not particularly interesting either imo, but he did deliver it with the intensity of a um, madman :laugh: So I guess it was very passionate, I mean it certainly got me scared, so... :p

I thought it was his step sequence. But whatever it was, it deserved 50 points. It was RIGHT on the edge, almost uncontrolled but not quite. It was spectacular.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought it was his step sequence. But whatever it was, it deserved 50 points. It was RIGHT on the edge, almost uncontrolled but not quite. It was spectacular.

I am perfectly willing to plead guilty to having no idea what sequence it was:biggrin:

But it was passionate and exhilarating and certainly took me along for the ride. Nobody does wild intensity like Alex K.:clap:

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
1. Yuzuru Hanyu / SP / 4CC
2. Yuzuru Hanyu / FS / Skate Canada
3. Jason Brown / SP / 4CC
4. Shoma Uno / SP / JNats
5. Kevin Aymoz / SP / GPF