3. Alena Kostornaia / FS / GPF
4. Satoko Miyahara / FS / Cup of China
5. Wakaba Higuchi / FS / Japanese Nationals
6. Alina Zagitova / SP / GPF

Honourable mention: Bradie Tennell SP

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
1. Satoko Miyahara FS COC (a bit surprised that this amazing footwork isn’t being nominated that much)
(...)

I agree.
1. Satoko Miyahara / FS / COC
2. Rika Kihira / FS / NHK - this is extremely underrated.
3. Aliona Kostornaia / SP / GPF
4. Mariah Bell / FS / USNats
5. Satoko Miyahara / SP / COC

yuumura

Rinkside
1. Satoko Miyahara | FP | Rostelecom Cup
2. Rika Kihira | SP | Skate Canada
3. Alena Kostornaia | FS | Internationaux de France
4. Wakaba Higuchi | SP | 4CC
5. Evgenia Medvedeva | FS | Rostelecom Cup

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
1- Satoko Miyahara FS Cup of China
2 - Wakaba Higuchi SP 4CC
3 - Satoko Miyahara SP Cup of China
4 - Rika Kihira SP NHK

Fluture

Record Breaker
1. Satoko Miyahara FS Cup of China
2. Evgenia Medvedeva FS Rostelecom
3. Evgenia Medvedeva SP Rostelecom
4. Wakaba Higuchi SP 4CC
5. Alexia Paganini FS Europeans

randomfan

Record Breaker
Since people were briefly talking about the jumps nominated, why not discuss the step sequences too? :biggrin:

Here is my ranking of the nominated ones:
1. Satoko Miyahara FS
This and #2 are easily the best ladies step sequences this season. Satoko's breathtaking skating skills and interpretation are truly second to none in the current field. If we're going to be really nitpicky, I do wish that she had gone for a different pose here, but other than that I really can't find a flaw with this one. Not surprising considering that Satoko always has some of the best footwork.

2. Rika Kihira SP
Rika's skating skills have always been wonderful but this strong piece of footwork really caught me by surprise - I didn't think someone so young could be this good. Also hats off to Shae-Lynn Bourne who managed to choreograph it to match the music so well. The only reason why this doesn't quite reach #1 is because I just feel that at some parts she could've sold it a little more. Don't get me wrong - she did an excellent job performing it, but with crazy music like this I feel that if she had just let loose and skated with even a little more abandon then it would've been amazing.

3. Wakaba Higuchi SP
I personally didn't enjoy this one as much as other people, but I do understand why it was so well-received. Wakaba's skating skills are always a delight to watch, and she has really grown into quite a performer from her junior days to now. I appreciated the maturity and passion she put into this step sequence. I just wish it had been choreographed a little better to the music. Occasionally, there are moments where what she's doing on the ice doesn't quite fit what the music is suggesting (like the spiral).

4. Evgenia Medvedeva FS
Again, I wish the choreo matched the music a little better. Even simpler things like holding this position longer would've been more effective IMO. Nevertheless, I did enjoy watching this footwork because of how she absolutely killed it. Although the skating skills were still a little lacking, she really did create an unforgettable moment here.

5. Alina Zagitova SP
I've always been pretty critical of Alina, so I must say that this footwork was a pleasant surprise (and the entire program too actually). Her skating skills are still not as good as the others above, but she has considerably improved there. And her delivery and interpretation have gotten a lot better as well, which helped her pull off this kind of emotional footwork section. I still can't agree at all with the PCS she's getting, but seeing such development in both her skating and performing abilities is very promising and I hope she can keep on growing from here (if she decides to continue, that is).

Here are my honourable mentions in no particular order consisting of those who didn't make the cut for the nominees list:
Wakaba Higuchi FS (I actually liked this more than the SP)
Mariah Bell FS
Kseniia Sinitsyna SP
Kaori Sakamoto SP
Eunsoo Lim SP (both her original and reused programs this season)
Rika Kihira FS