5. Evgenia Medvedeva / 3S-3Lo / FS / CoR
6. Kaori Sakamoto / 3Lo / SP / SA
7. Alexandra Trusova / 4T-eu-3S / FS / SC
8. Young You / 3A / FS / 4CCs
9. Rika Kihira / 3A-2T / FS / 4CCs
10. Alexandra Trusova / 4Lz / FS / GPF

McBibus

On the Ice
having 3 occurrency of a single 3A for Aliona is just dispersing the vote this jump deserves.
Also I can't believe there are no quads in the list.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I'm also disappointed by the list, and feel there shouldn't be any repeats listed for the same element from a skater. I'd like to see that corrected for next year, if it's not possible to correct it now. I would also highly suggest a committee process for determining the nominees (can let the public cast nominee votes, but use those as suggestions IMO) and then do open voting for the final round.

All of the linked videos except Kostornaia's 3A from Russian Nationals also don't seem to be working.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I honestly don't think even a single jump from a woman made a great impression on me this season, but leaving out a lutz from Tuktamysheva or a 2A from Higuchi (japan nationals LP opener, anyone?) seems like blasphemy.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
having 3 occurrency of a single 3A for Aliona is just dispersing the vote this jump deserves.
Also I can't believe there are no quads in the list.

Rika's 3A is in the lead, but all of Kostornia's 3A's added together are way above Rika's 3A.

I implore new voters to see the poll results before voting for Kostornia's 3A, and ensure that they pick the one with the most votes .

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
Trusova's solo 4Toe at the Russian test skate impressed me the most of her jumps this past season. I considered her quads to be cheated as a Junior, but that one really flew and made me a believer. Her 4Lz and 4F technique though, ALL Ladies technique on those jumps, could be better. She has shown herself capable of getting enough rotation to not be called under in my eyes, but these jumps are never fully rotated, and that's with already allowing for the half turn on the toepick during takeoff.

I think her 4Toe+half loop+3Sal combo is ugly though. It's so forced and lacks rhythm, taking away from the majesty of that first jump. Her 3Lutz+half loop+3Sal is more pleasing, which is an additional reason why her Russian test skate performance is the best she's ever done.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Trusova's solo 4Toe at the Russian test skate impressed me the most of her jumps this past season. I considered her quads to be cheated as a Junior, but that one really flew and made me a believer. Her 4Lz and 4F technique though, ALL Ladies technique on those jumps, could be better. She has shown herself capable of getting enough rotation to not be called under in my eyes, but these jumps are never fully rotated, and that's with already allowing for the half turn on the toepick during takeoff.

I think her 4Toe+half loop+3Sal combo is ugly though. It's so forced and lacks rhythm, taking away from the majesty of that first jump. Her 3Lutz+half loop+3Sal is more pleasing, which is an additional reason why her Russian test skate performance is the best she's ever done.

Wow you seem to be turning into a real fan then!

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I'm also disappointed by the list, and feel there shouldn't be any repeats listed for the same element from a skater. I'd like to see that corrected for next year, if it's not possible to correct it now. I would also highly suggest a committee process for determining the nominees (can let the public cast nominee votes, but use those as suggestions IMO) and then do open voting for the final round.

All of the linked videos except Kostornaia's 3A from Russian Nationals also don't seem to be working.

Thanks for your comment. We'll surely have it in mind before the next year's edition. This time it were only the posters' votes and it wouldn't be correct to add new candidates or change the rules in the middle of the voting. However, to enjoy more diversity, it's a good idea to choose only one particular jump per skater and to choose the event that received most votes.
Additionally, I would like to say to the poster who was surprised by the lack of any quads among the nominations that the first of them was 8th on the nominations list (it was Anna Shcherbakova's 4Lz-3T from the Russian Nationals). Positions 5 and 6 belonged to Rika Kihira (3A-2T and 3F-3T-2T from her FS at 4CC). Aleksandra Trusova's quads occupied positions from 12 to 14.

BTW, I've just checked all the links and all of them are OK as they are from the official ISU account.

Last edited:

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
I’ll just like to correct the above post and say that Kihira landed a 3F+3T+2T in her FS at 4CC. That jump was my top nomination.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I’ll just like to correct the above post and say that Kihira landed a 3F+3T+2T in her FS at 4CC. That jump was my top nomination.

Sorry, my mistake. I´ve copied it wrong from the nominations spreadsheet. Already corrected my post.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... BTW, I've just checked all the links and all of them are OK as they are from the official ISU account.

But Skating ISU's official competition videos are not necessarily accessible in all countries. Just an FYI, not a gripe at you.

For example, many of the videos posted by Skating ISU are blocked in the U.S. -- which unfortunately is the case with the four of them in this poll.

I appreciate that you put a lot of work into the fan threads too, so I thought you would want be to aware in general for that reason as well.

ETA:
I take it that some serious fans are in the habit of taking measures (VPN?) to overcome geo-blocking. My interest does not go that far -- I just live without videos that are blocked for me.​

Blades of Passion

Record Breaker
Country
France
It's easy to use "Youtube unblocked" to open the videos (just go to the website and insert the Youtube url), but yeah, there are surely some voters who aren't aware of it.