2018 Worlds Short Dance Watch Party—6 AM EDT, Wednesday April 1 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Short Dance Watch Party—6 AM EDT, Wednesday April 1

Seven Sisters

Medalist
No costume malfunction here. I'd bet that top was SOLDERED on. And while I'm not usually a big fan of their SD/RDs, that is one of their better ones.

Well that was a fun trip down memory lane. Two observations:

1. The changes in the scoring system after this Worlds have done ID no favors;
2. ID teams need TIME and EXPERIENCE to really gel. It was amazing to look back and see what a season or two of additional experience can do when you look at the likes of Wang/Liu and Fear/Gibson.

I would also suggest that this was probably the last Worlds where you can really see that the older teams, who competed back when CDs were required, had a clear advantage over the teams who never had to master them to succeed.

dancelion21

On the Ice
I think USFS did get behind them for a short amount of time. I think they wanted them to be the ones to medal at the Olympics but they messed up so the Shibs did as the "back up" in a way. They'd completely given up on C/B at that point. As much as they tried to push the 3 fighting for bronze, they weren't doing much to help C/B.

But I do think C/B would have overtaken them a year earlier than they did if they'd been able to do the GP in the post-Olympic year.

USFS was definitely behind them during the 17/18 season, at least in the latter half of it. They were also behind H/D during the 18/19 season, but that was more because H/D were the only team they could push. I completely agree that if C/B had been healthy and skating during the Grand Prix, they would have won nationals and been the US #1 team. I'm curious what will happen next season if C/B and H/D both have strong programs as to which one USFS will push more.