Alexa Knierim and Brandon Frazier Announce Partnership | Golden Skate

Alexa Knierim and Brandon Frazier Announce Partnership

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Here's a thread dedicated to the announcement, since some members didn't see the discussions about Haven/Brandon split in the US Pairs thread or the Splits Thread for a few days. I agree with @GoneWiththeWind, who posted in the "Splits" thread ... it's lovely that Alexa asked to talk to Haven first, before saying yes to a tryout with Brandon. Also (from me), it's fun to read about Brandon and Chris's longtime friendship, which will be a great advantage going forward.

With both Chris and Haven Denney, Frazier's longtime partner, stepping away from competitive figure skating, Knierim and Frazier have announced their partnership ahead of the 2020-21 season....

It's news that caps a significant shakeup amongst the top U.S. pairs since the 2020 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships where the Knierims won their third U.S. title. Denney and Frazier were the top finishing U.S. pair on the Grand Prix circuit, winning bronze at 2019 Skate America presented by American Cruise Lines and Internationaux de France.​
https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...and-brandon-frazier-announce-partnership.aspx

mrrice

Record Breaker

Here's a thread dedicated to the announcement, since some members didn't see the discussions about Haven/Brandon split in the US Pairs thread or the Splits Thread for a few days. I agree with @GoneWiththeWind, who posted in the "Splits" thread ... it's lovely that Alexa asked to talk to Haven first, before saying yes to a tryout with Brandon. Also (from me), it's fun to read about Brandon and Chris's longtime friendship, which will be a great advantage going forward.

With both Chris and Haven Denney, Frazier's longtime partner, stepping away from competitive figure skating, Knierim and Frazier have announced their partnership ahead of the 2020-21 season....

It's news that caps a significant shakeup amongst the top U.S. pairs since the 2020 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships where the Knierims won their third U.S. title. Denney and Frazier were the top finishing U.S. pair on the Grand Prix circuit, winning bronze at 2019 Skate America presented by American Cruise Lines and Internationaux de France.​
https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...and-brandon-frazier-announce-partnership.aspx

:points::yahoo::cheer2::dance2:

Thank you for sharing this information with us.

macy

Record Breaker
excited for them, and that Chris is basically tagging along as a coach. i think they'll do great.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That article is the best. A combination of news and gossipy interest items that I didn't know.

Like Brandon was Chris' wingman in his courtship of Alexa. :thumbsup:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:points::yahoo::cheer2::dance2:

Thank you for sharing this information with us.

You're welcome. :) I've had the experience of missing something in threads I didn't frequent, so I have fellow feelings.:rock:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That article is the best. A combination of news and gossipy interest items that I didn't know.

Like Brandon was Chris' wingman in his courtship of Alexa. :thumbsup:

I agree. :thumbsup: for the writer, Darci Miller.

Chris_E

On the Ice
I'll be very interested to see how this pair develops. They will have limited training time before the fall season/Nationals. However, I'm sure their experience and strength will help them. Wishing them the best of luck and hope they can both reach their Olympic aspirations.

SorrySkater

On the Ice

I am even more excited about this partnership after reading the article. I was not aware of the longtime friendship between Brandon and Chris/Alexa. This team has the potential to accomplish great things. Anxiously awaiting their debut!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you :rofl: But seriously, that was a delightful article and definitely the best news we've had in a while. I have high hopes for this partnership!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
gasp. oh my. no-one could possibly have seen this coming. what a shock. i never ever expected this. i mean, who would ever have thought that denny/frazier splitting would mean he was knierim's new partner. i never would have thought. gasp.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow. Whoever predicted the formation of this team should change their name to Claire Voyant.I wonder how many heart attacks occured from this "shocking" news. I wonder what would have happened had Haven said no the Alexa whether she could try out with Brandon. Well without worlds at least no other American team has asserted itself as no. 1.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
:laugh: Well, I guess my name is claire voyant now...:sarcasm::slink:

noskates

Record Breaker
Actually this comes as no surprise I think to most everyone. Alexa is available. Brandon is available. They've both had success with their past partners. They're friends. Sounds like Alexa went about it in the sportsmanship way. All is good. Just hope they have time to practice before they have to compete. I think both of them are stronger skaters than their ex-partners so this should be interesting. If it works, US Nats ought to be a lot of fun.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I wonder how the partnership is doing? Can they even meet on ice? Are they social distancing? Skating is not an essential service. I know it is valuable training time but their safet and the safety for others as well as setting a good example to others I hope even if there is a private rink they are not practicing together. they can work out on their own, SkYPediscussions about programs, review old tapes. Get ideas for programs and costumes.