Alexa Knierim and Brandon Frazier Announce Partnership | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alexa Knierim and Brandon Frazier Announce Partnership

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder how the partnership is doing? Can they even meet on ice? Are they social distancing? Skating is not an essential service. I know it is valuable training time but their safet and the safety for others as well as setting a good example to others I hope even if there is a private rink they are not practicing together. they can work out on their own, SkYPediscussions about programs, review old tapes. Get ideas for programs and costumes.

According to the article, she's in California, and he's in Florida. But, it sounds as though they're trying to make some reasonable strides.

They've spent this mandatory time apart discussing their programs, music ideas and things they'd like to try, and getting to know each other in an off-ice capacity. Knierim sent Frazier an off-ice jump challenge, and had Chris practice lifts with her in the backyard to experiment with things she wants to try with Frazier.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
According to the article, she's in California, and he's in Florida. But, it sounds as though they're trying to make some reasonable strides.

They've spent this mandatory time apart discussing their programs, music ideas and things they'd like to try, and getting to know each other in an off-ice capacity. Knierim sent Frazier an off-ice jump challenge, and had Chris practice lifts with her in the backyard to experiment with things she wants to try with Frazier.
I am wondering Ms. Knierim is the new diva of pairs taking over from Savchenko and fellow divas Duhamel and Stolbova? Maybe her theme song will be Never Enough from the Greatest Showman?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am wondering Ms. Knierim is the new diva of pairs taking over from Savchenko and fellow divas Duhamel and Stolbova? Maybe her theme song will be Never Enough from the Greatest Showman?

Well, that would be pretty great company. My definition of diva is a strong confident woman who knows what she wants, and that’s an excellent thing to be.

But judging from her social media, and the fact that she overcame a life threatening illness to return to skating, Alexa is grateful for each and every day. So the last song she would skate to is “never enough”:)

noskates

Record Breaker
Obviously I don't know for sure, but from all information we've received so far I would imagine that Chris and Alexa spent a lot of time discussing what would happen after he retired. I don't fault her for wanting to continue competing if all her goals have not been met. That's all Savchenko and Stolbova wanted to do - achieve a lifetime goal they had worked toward for years. Not sure why Megan Duhamel was mentioned in this context as the situation doesn't really apply to her. She and Eric had been partners for quite some time and both retired at the same time.
From all I've heard Megan is assisting her husband in coaching and raising a little girl/ Seriously - pairs women are a different breed. They're fearless, have absolute trust in their partners, and risk their physical well-being every time they set foot on the ice - MORE so than any other skater in any other discipline. Can you imagine the damage that could be done to a little 100 lb. lady falling on the ice from 10 feet or so above it? Hey, if she wants to keep competing than more power to her. And kudos to Chris for understanding that and supporting it.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, that would be pretty great company. My definition of diva is a strong confident woman who knows what she wants, and that’s an excellent thing to be.

But judging from her social media, and the fact that she overcame a life threatening illness to return to skating, Alexa is grateful for each and every day. So the last song she would skate to is “never enough”:)

Alexa is a beast (in a good way). I had similar abdominal surgery (well, not sure it was similar, but it was extensive and extremely painful - I'm always tempted when I see her to ask to compare scars (don't worry, even I am not that nuts) and look like Pooh. I think Alexa and Brandon may be screwed for next season. California has announced it will be closed for at least 6 more weeks, and I doubt they (obviously both Chris and Alexa would have to move, even though he's not skating) can afford another cross country move and coaching change. I wonder if any of these loans available would apply to skaters. Probably not.

noskates

Record Breaker
Don't know about the loans but my guess is the elite skaters probably made too much money to qualify for the $1200 benefits. I think if you made more than $99K you don't qualify - not sure what it is for married couples. Prize money for Grand Prix and Nationals and Worlds....could add up for a select few.

They'll figure it out. BOth of them are experpienced pairs skaters. My guess is they'll lay down very decent programs and then build on that for next season. I can hardly wait to see them.

carriecmu0503

On the Ice
Don't know about the loans but my guess is the elite skaters probably made too much money to qualify for the $1200 benefits. I think if you made more than $99K you don't qualify - not sure what it is for married couples. Prize money for Grand Prix and Nationals and Worlds....could add up for a select few.

They'll figure it out. BOth of them are experpienced pairs skaters. My guess is they'll lay down very decent programs and then build on that for next season. I can hardly wait to see them.

Prize money from Grand Prix and Worlds is not that great. There is no prize money at nationals in the US. You have to remember that all of their expenses from training are subtracted from whatever income they have in factoring their income taxes. For them, their training expenses are a cost of doing their business, so count as tax deductions. Chris sold almost all of his cars to be able to pay for their training. As far as I know, they don’t have any corporate sponsors. I highly doubt they are making more than $150,000 a year between the two of them once you subtract out the astronomical training costs.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9hb1pjp_cu/

This suggests that they may have a new sponsor as of early March. But I'm not sure, with the way she worded it. I know next to nothing about sponsorships.

Alexa/Brandon fans, you might like to check out the 30-second clip from their tryout; link is posted in the US Pairs thread.