Worlds 2018 FD Watch Party 6:00 AM EDT Thurs Apr. 2 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Worlds 2018 FD Watch Party 6:00 AM EDT Thurs Apr. 2

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I love Gabriella and Guillaume's Moonlight Sonata, so beautiful and soft.
The one thing about it that always makes me laugh though (and it's not their fault) is at the end when the audience thinks, every time, that it's finished but there's still another couple of bars of music and some more arm movements before the finish :laugh:

FlyingFeather

On the Ice
This program was so well thought out for an Olympic year. The complaint with their skating is that it is not easy to relate to, so they picked a warhorse piece of music that they knew non-figure-skating audiences would connect to.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I think it and the Mozart are, but I also still think the right team won the Olympic Gold.

Though my heart will always want them to do another program with the wild feel of the Woodkid.

I am very much with you on that, but I have always been biased since V/M's Mahler

litenkyckling

Final Flight
vain point here but I think that this shade of red is one of my favourites on ice - it stands out and looks expensive (one of my biggest sads about worlds is not having another chance to see Piper and Paul is such a lovely shade)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
je suis mute

:laugh:

I was thinking when I watched it, keeping a program for two years in a row can work because you can show growth. But reprising a previously successful program almost never does because reruns don't have the same magic.

Just saying...

FlyingFeather

On the Ice
Nice program, but whenever I think that it beat C/L for bronze, I get :(. I'm not very technical though. Maybe you guys know something I don't?

aname

On the Ice
Je Suis Malade, the song that makes you malade.

----

I know it's in the past, but how did W/P get that much GOE on twizzles when he botched the last set
Agreed on both points, but boy did they (especially Kaitlyn) sell the heck out of that program!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
How did H/D go from this to that dreadful R&J

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'd forgotten that Caught Out in the Rain started with that long long long long long long long instrumental.

Well it would help these two if they stopped trying to do Important programs and just went for the raw sexuality.

Just my two cents.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
How did H/D go from this to that dreadful R&J

I'm still convinced they though they could fill the Tess & Scott gap in the so-called market and so chose a huge soundtrack/romance movie thing but also chose one that was too young, too clean, too little impact

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I'd forgotten that Caught Out in the Rain started with that long long long long long long long instrumental.

Well it would help these two if they stopped trying to do Important programs and just went for the raw sexuality.

Just my two cents.

just like Stepanova/Bukin :biggrin:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm still convinced they though they could fill the Tess & Scott gap in the so-called market and so chose a huge soundtrack/romance movie thing but also chose one that was too young, too clean, too little impact

If they had to choose a movie soundtrack they should've gone for something like Basic Instinct :devil:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
ladies and gentlemen it was a pleasure as usual. see you tomorrow for men sp (i couldn't possibly miss my boy's laste performances of his debut senior season)

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It was a pleasure y'all, if I have learned something from the past two years is that I'm still ID Jon Snow. Still I watch anyway :yay:

heartyxo

On the Ice
General thoughts:

P/C were in a class of their own but I like them more now than I did then.

H/D’s programs have really gone downhill (obviously).

W/P have never been my favourites and Je Suis Malade wasn’t as good when they brought it back. I was happy for them although I wish C/L got bronze.

C/L- not the strongest technically, but oh do I miss them!

I still think C/B were undermarked here compared to the top 4, but I’m glad they ended well after the Olympic disaster and with her needing surgery. Snake is obviously their best FD but I did like Imagine.

I miss G/Ps quirky programs :(

S/B’s choices have vastly improved since here.