Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Aw c'mon it's Pride and Prejudice, where's his cravat

But I enjoyed that, it would've been great if they had kept on skating together

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Aw c'mon it's Pride and Prejudice, where's his cravat

And her dress is all wrong. That ribbon should be higher and when you cut an Empire dress off above the knee, it sort of just misses the whole point, which is to emphasize the torso and legs as one flowing line, like a Greek statue.

I'm sorry this team threw in the towel. They had such unfulfilled potential.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
And her dress is all wrong. That ribbon should be higher and when you cut an Empire dress off above the knee, it sort of just misses the whole point, which is to emphasize the torso and legs as one flowing line, like a Greek statue.

I'm sorry this team threw in the towel. They had such unfulfilled potential.

it isn't bad as 1820s/30s silouette :biggrin: wich is like 20/30 years after Austen's novel, i know :laugh: hollywood epicness again

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Random comment: Igor Shpilband needs to share his magic potion that allows him to not age with Marina Zueva

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i love Allison and Saulius's originality :biggrin: lunch break for me! see you in group 3

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Stairway to Heaven simply does NOT WORK for ID.

But isn't it great how far they've come since then, including their choices of music?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
it isn't bad as 1820s/30s silouette :biggrin: wich is like 20/30 years after Austen's novel, i know :laugh: hollywood epicness again

LOL like the Greer Garson/Larry Olivier P&P? They're both wayyyyyyyyyy too old for the parts and the costuming is hilariously wrong. They used those costumes because the studio had them from another film and were trying to cut costs.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
But it shows (clutches pearls) thighs, Regency English ladies would've fainted

Actually Regency mothers would wet the dress after their daughter was in it so it would cling to the body, all the better to catch a Mr Darcy's eye in a very crowded ballroom. The Regency folk were far from prudes.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
LOL like the Greer Garson/Larry Olivier P&P? They're both wayyyyyyyyyy too old for the parts and the costuming is hilariously wrong. They used those costumes because the studio had them from another film and were trying to cut costs.

Did not know this version existed (sorry for being young) so looked up on Wikipedia, how on earth did they think casting actors in their 30s as people in their 20s was going to be all right

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Actually Regency mothers would wet the dress after their daughter was in it so it would cling to the body, all the better to catch a Mr Darcy's eye in a very crowded ballroom. The Regency folk were far from prudes.

If I ever write a Regency romance story I'm going to utilize this particular bit of info

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The Most Valid version of P&P is of course the 1995 BBC version, with Colin Firth as Mr Darcy :love:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Did not know this version existed (sorry for being young) so looked up on Wikipedia, how on earth did they think casting actors in their 30s as people in their 20s was going to be all right

I'm a Jane Austen uberfan. I even have the Mormon version of P&P which is hilariously awful. The Bollywood version is very enjoyable. The Garson/Olivier version is worth watching once, but they do, in typical Golden Hollywood fashion, make some strange alterations to the plot. And the dresses are at least 30 years too far into the future. Elizabeth Bennett in a hoop skirt...you keep waiting for her to say, After all, tomorrow is another day.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
After two years I still actively dig Carolane's green dress even though I'd look like shriveled spinach in it

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Mr Firius, you are in tails. A bow tie is DE RIGEUR in this case. Tsk tsk tsk.

Well this program was so good that everything they've done since then pales in comparison, though the Tom Jones program is fun. But man, they should just FLEE from Montreal, which is doing them NO FAVORS.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Mr Firius, you are in tails. A bow tie is DE RIGEUR in this case. Tsk tsk tsk.

Well this program was so good that everything they've done since then pales in comparison, though the Tom Jones program is fun. But man, they should just FLEE from Montreal, which is doing them NO FAVORS.

Who was it that said Carol Lane should coach Carolane