Worlds 2018 FD Watch Party 6:00 AM EDT Thurs Apr. 2 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Worlds 2018 FD Watch Party 6:00 AM EDT Thurs Apr. 2

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm glad that Babs finally WISED UP and stopped foisting other people's/team's programs on them. Look at how much more they stand out with things like the Bowie program, which is THEIR creation and not a rehash of someone else.

100%. They deserve their own, original, material so they can shine!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Ah yes, the cheesefest Liebestraum. Make it go away! And that this outscored H/B is just a glaring reason why reputation scoring is a blot on the sport.

On the other hand, Stepanova really has STYLE, doesn't she? That's an exquisite dress.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Are we sure that Alexandra Stepanova didn't take one of Viktoria Sinitsina's dresses

Liebestraume? With vocals???? No wonder I erased this program from my memory

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I actually think shes improved a lot since then - but this is their worst FD imo, along with their tango one

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Paul kicking at the judges is just golden

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
are you crazy? Ivan Bukin and Paul Poirier in tux in a row? give my poor heart a break! :biggrin: (btw this program is amazing)

litenkyckling

Final Flight
oh I always forget how much I love this - so fun, so in theme, it makes me feel like I'm actually watching classic Bond, her dress, him in a suit - all of it

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
One thing Piper and Paul really should get more credit for are their lifts. That final stat lift is superb.

Not my fave program of theirs by any means, but it's fun. What is wonderful to see in hindsight is that they have learned not only to streamline their programs for mainstream consumption, but have added maturity and deep emotions.

And credit to Piper. Chartreuse is a dastardly hard color to pull off and she does.

ETA: Excited K&C Piper is always A Wonder To Behold.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i love Piper's K&C reactions :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

remember, if you try part II you get bald

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I love how perfectly timed to the music Tiffani and Jonathan's curve lift is, even if lifts like that always scare me a bit after Charlene and Marco's incident at 2017 Europeans...

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I always wish Tiffany & Jonathon would just finish each movement more nicely or precisely - it's just all very erratic which takes away from the soft music for me

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I always wish Tiffany & Jonathon would just finish each movement more nicely or precisely - it's just all very erratic which takes away from the soft music for me

Bingo.

Their SDs/RDs are always so much better than their FDs, which tend to leave me both cold and frustrated. Because they DON'T finish moves. Or are sloppy. Or don't extend. Or...

Grrr.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Me still: am I feeling this positive feeling because the program is to my taste or is it because I like the two of them and Jonathan continues to be hot

FlyingFeather

On the Ice
Not my favorite FD for G/P, but it fit in with the unique style they always bring to ice dance. Vincent was a gem, but I'm not such a fan of this year's program (Both Sides Now.) I wonder if they'll return to their quirky style for FD next year?