2018 Worlds Men’s LP Watch Party—Saturday, April 4, 6 AM EDT | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Men’s LP Watch Party—Saturday, April 4, 6 AM EDT

Seven Sisters

Medalist
We’re having a watch party to celebrate this event! Thanks to the ISU for the terrific free stream, accessible here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SkatingISU

So even if you’ve been busily working at home and haven’t been able to join us so far, hey, this one is on Saturday and there is really no excuse not to join us here to chat about some wonderful, and not-so-wonderful, mens’ free skates. We all deserve a break!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh good, time for uncontrolled sobbing and weeping as we say goodbye.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Hello everyone!

I’m so early today, here for the announcements even. Hooray!

It’s getting off to a great start. “The panel of judges,” drones the announcer, as he prepares for the intros—just as the camera pans to a spectator in a decidedly goofy hat. :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
And the gold medal goes to WA's coffeemaker.

Anyone who doesn't believe that the ISU isn't TOTALLY Eurocentric only needs to look at when these streams are scheduled.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If this were time travel, your mission would be to change the outcome.

only a little. the chaos of last group was fine. but i would make max land both quads clean and make brendan land all of his. everything else i would leave alone. because i like a bit of chaos, but seeing Max go out perfect would have been great :)

- - - Updated - - -

And the gold medal goes to WA's coffeemaker.

Anyone who doesn't believe that the ISU isn't TOTALLY Eurocentric only needs to look at when these streams are scheduled.

Definitely. Although our clocks do the summer->winter thing tonight and apparently that's going to make all the streams at 8pm my time for 2019 Worlds, so that's cool.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Julian with the mood whiplash free skate from Man's World to this boppy happy thing

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Julian Yee, delightful as always, to start us off. Great program that suits him very well, just the right level of technical difficulty for him.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I always loved that he did the Russian split from a standstill on the ice. That's so much harder than how it's normally done in skating.

skateflake

On the Ice
Wow, way to wake up the crowd, Julian!

This really reminds me how much I miss the LONG program FS.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh wait, I remember this one quite clearly, he keeps pulling his arm up because he was afraid to put weight on it after he dislocated it earlier in the season.