Breakthrough motivates Russia’s Artur Danielian for next season | Golden Skate

Breakthrough motivates Russia’s Artur Danielian for next season

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russia’s Artur Danielian gained more and more momentum throughout the 2019-20 season and topped it off by taking the silver medal in his debut at the ISU European Figure Skating Championships in January. As the second-best Russian man in Graz, behind new European Champion Dmitri Aliev, the 16-year-old was named to the World team and was excited about going to Montreal.

“Since this week, I am training at home,” the National silver medalist said. He is working out twice a day. “I’m also studying online as long as I have more time and I’m developing my artistic and culinary skills,” he shared. Danielian’s hobbies include drawing and cooking. “I’m also watching serials,” he added. He keeps himself busy and does not get bored—a good way to cope with the uncertain and scary situation.

More...

What are your thoughts on his overall performances this season? Where did you see the most improvement since last year?

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
He is truly an exciting new talent and I have been so thrilled to witness his rise in the second half of the season. To think that he had thought about quitting earlier on, thank god he didn't!!! I was so happy that he brought back the Verdi FP, which suited him to a T and also had the instant appeal - I think that was the best decision.
It's a pity that he couldn't take advantage of the momentum in Montreal, and next season he will no doubt feel so much more pressure. I hope he won't lose his focus and rise above it. He looks like a level headed wise young man, I am confident he can manage. So curious about his new programs!

ewdokia

On the Ice
I love, love, love his skating and personality wise Artur is sweet like a candy stick. :love: I’m so happy how this season turned around for him. I very much hope next season will be even better. Though I’m very much worried about his training conditions. :(

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm very impressed with how well he did his first senior year. 2d at Nationals and Euros! The triple Axel seems to be a nemesis for him, but he's got the goods in the footwork and spins. I am really looking forward to seeing him grow.

All skaters were set back by the cancellations and current difficult training conditions. But I think that Artur's age will play in his relative favor. He has plenty of time to consolidate his gains and become a force in the next year or two.