where to get inline frames? | Golden Skate

where to get inline frames?

FrozenGunner

Spectator
Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone knows a place where I can still buy inline plates, the rink here in Au is going to close for a very long time (at least another 6 weeks) and I'm craving the ice!!
I've contacted numerous shops, all inline frames are out of stock.
Thanks in advance.

yirumi

Spectator
I got mine yesterday from skatersedge.co.nz. It's not one of the most famous brands but at least it's still in stock.
I have a friend who uses these and they seem to be pretty good (skate like Snow White apparently).
They say shipping takes 10 days directly from factory which I'm hoping will happen. Mine is already on the way.

Elija

On the Ice
The ones skater's edge are ordering for people are the Golden Horse ones I think. Not sure what they're like.

I managed to order some from Off Ice, but they still haven't arrived - hopefully in another few days. I believe they have sold out of the more common sizes, but may still have smaller or larger ones.

Silver Ice

On the Ice
I got mine yesterday from skatersedge.co.nz. It's not one of the most famous brands but at least it's still in stock.
I have a friend who uses these and they seem to be pretty good (skate like Snow White apparently).
They say shipping takes 10 days directly from factory which I'm hoping will happen. Mine is already on the way.

Does she say if they are good for practicing turns on?

yirumi

Spectator
Initially she said she can't skate, but she could do most of the turns and jumps don't seem to be affected at all, apparently it's lesser scary to jump on these than on ice, lol.

Last edited:

yirumi

Spectator
I wanted the off ice ones but do they even send orders?? I contacted them for like 10 times and only end up getting a message on the website saying they've sold out everything and won't be back till may..

Elija

On the Ice
I wanted the off ice ones but do they even send orders?? I contacted them for like 10 times and only end up getting a message on the website saying they've sold out everything and won't be back till may..

Oh that sucks! I ordered mine two and a half weeks ago, they’re just taking ages to get here. They were already short a few sizes when I ordered, but I guess they’re out of everything now.

yirumi

Spectator
Oh that sucks! I ordered mine two and a half weeks ago, they’re just taking ages to get here. They were already short a few sizes when I ordered, but I guess they’re out of everything now.

I was quite disappointed to be honest. They replied me for 2 times saying they have it in stock, then when I asked for the invoice they just disappeared and never replied my email again.
I think these company could do so much better if they at least have the courtesy to tell me they can't supply it anymore - it's quite rude as I missed out the chance for look into something else for a long time and now I have to wait for things to get delivered, after stopping skating for 20 days almost..

Schpanky

Rinkside
I'm really sorry you can't find the plate you're looking for! If you're truly desperate to skate, the next best thing would be a pair of slalom inline skates. It would be very important to get a skate that comes pre-rockered. I have the FR Daria. It is a hard shell boot with a rockered plate/frame. The only difficulty for you would be having no toe stop.

However, trying to look on the bright side, you could learn how to skate on your toes??? I know, I'm really stretching here, but I really truly can't imagine not skating at all. Sorry if my recommendation offended anyone. I'm not trying to be mean. I just can't imagine not skating. I feel really badly for you.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Depending on which state FrozenGunner is in, their rink may already be open or about to be in the next couple of weeks, as restrictions start easing due to our squashing the curve.