Figure skating wall art? | Golden Skate

Figure skating wall art?

wintersmith

Rinkside
Hey guys, I create wall art prints and sell them in my Etsy shop. I'm considering putting some figure skating prints in the shop, but I would really like your input. First of all, would you want figure skating themed art on your wall? If so, what kind do you like? I have ideas of quote prints, of common quotes in the fs world, but also the classic ice princess illustrations. Would love to know what you would like.

Thanks for participating in my market research. :thank:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes. Pictures please. Gracie. Old school like Tai and Randy. I'm sure others will want Chen and Hanyu.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hey guys, I create wall art prints and sell them in my Etsy shop. I'm considering putting some figure skating prints in the shop, but I would really like your input. First of all, would you want figure skating themed art on your wall? If so, what kind do you like? I have ideas of quote prints, of common quotes in the fs world, but also the classic ice princess illustrations. Would love to know what you would like.

Thanks for participating in my market research. :thank:

I would suggest anime - not necessarily specific ones like Yuri on Ice because of copyright, but that might draw two lots of fans in :)

There's a LOT of gorgeous fan art on the web, you could check out that for inspiration for your own work. It will also give you an idea of who are the skaters most likely to appeal to people browsing (as well, as you say, as ice princesses)

wintersmith

Rinkside
I would suggest anime - not necessarily specific ones like Yuri on Ice because of copyright, but that might draw two lots of fans in :)

There's a LOT of gorgeous fan art on the web, you could check out that for inspiration for your own work. It will also give you an idea of who are the skaters most likely to appeal to people browsing (as well, as you say, as ice princesses)

Cool. Thanks so much for the ideas!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

This. ^^ There's an artist who does caricatures of figure skaters, very clever and positive.

Also, sometime in 2017 I think there was an artist who did cartoons of figure skaters. One cartoon had them as superheroes -- Ashley Wagner as Wonder Woman, and 3 men as 3 other S.heroes. :) Really fun.