2020 Peggy Fleming Trophy contingency plan as "virtual" competition | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020 Peggy Fleming Trophy contingency plan as "virtual" competition

Allikat

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I am getting nothing but a black box, and I 'turned off my ad blocker'. I'm in the US, so, guess I just can't watch this. How irritating; I'm outta here. :disapp:

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
I’m watching Karen Chen right now.

I don’t know how I’m warching her since, according to the time on the bottom, she doesn’t perforn until about 40 minutes in and it’s only been 20.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I don’t know how I’m warching her since, according to the time on the bottom, she doesn’t perforn until about 40 minutes in and it’s only been 20.

Rewind back. I'm on Jordan.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
They seem to have uploaded the whole stream so I skipped to Jason and cried. He was beautiful (don't know why I expected anything less!)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
They seem to have uploaded the whole stream so I skipped to Jason and cried. He was beautiful (don't know why I expected anything less!)

I'm resisting the urge to skip first to Andrew, then Camden (to see Josh's work!), then Jason. I know skipping will have to take place as I have an appointment tomorrow morning but I want to watch it all. I am up to Tomoki, he's doing well.

YuBluByMe

Final Flight
Do it just like that in competition, Tomoki. Split and all.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
I'm resisting the urge to skip first to Andrew, then Camden (to see Josh's work!), then Jason. I know skipping will have to take place as I have an appointment tomorrow morning but I want to watch it all. I am up to Tomoki, he's doing well.

It's gone midnight here so I just had to see Jason and then the result, and will rewatch in full in the morning. I really hope Jason adapts this programme into a long programme it is soooo gorgeous!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Do it just like that in competition, Tomoki. Split and all.

I really hope Tomoki's was just a shortened version of his actual FS, because it was really, really good!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm sorry Camden but I 100% fast-forwarded through your interview for now, I just want skating!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow, Camden! Another one I really hope is going to turn into a competition skate.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Okay, gotta go be a Real Life Adult for a little while. I'm kinda glad this isn't live so I can just pick back up where I left off (still resisting the urge to skip).

YuBluByMe

Final Flight
Did y’all watch Savary?!?! He was GORGEOUS!

Heh, looks like me and Karne are on the same page.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

She takes wayyy too long to start the rotation on her 3T. It makes the solo 3T look magnificent, but she'll have a hard time getting it around as part of a combination.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I just finished the stream.

Some critic. The commentator should not start talking while the skater is still skating or hasn't finished their ending pose. Let the program sit for a few seconds please before revealing the results. Annoyed me so much.

All the skaters were so wonderful. Such beautiful skating. My highlights were definitely Karen, Emmanuel, Jason and Starr.

YuBluByMe

Final Flight
My highlights were Savary, Hiwatashi, Pulkinen’s hair, and Torgashev. Not necessarily in that order.

EDIT: I don’t understand Dolensky’s bronze. Hiwatashi and Savary were both better than him. He also skated to an overwrought Groban song and this dampened his performance.

Savary: My favorite performance and very honestly the best I seen him skate. He was both exquisite and understated and I hope he skates like this (with triples and a 4S, of course) at USNats this year.

Hiwatashi: I hope this is a FS and not an SP. I think you have to be a big personality to skate to this music and Hiwatashi just doesn’t have one. Yet he pulled it off. His acrobatics make up for the lack of “ooomph.” There was also some pretty nifty footwork too. I think he should have won the bronze.

Torgashev: This reminded me of Aymoz’s SP (in a good way) and I think he should have won. His performance stood out big time - musically and choreographically. I hope this is an SP and not a FS or an exhibition. But lose the shirt. Keep the hair.

Pulkinen’s hair: It looked great in his intro.

Last edited: