Figure Skating Music - clean tracks on youtube | Golden Skate

Figure Skating Music - clean tracks on youtube

Dace2020

Spectator
Hello!

I am not sure if this is the right forums but I will give it a shot. I am a fan of Figure Skating, and especially also of the music. Maybe you know it, that you see a Free Skating programm for example and want to have this track/medly also for yourself on your mp3 player/iphone to hear it again.

So far I found out, that some users on youtube are "reproducing" (I am not sure what's the correct technical word for this is)? the tracks without the background noises.

Known users are "J's figure skating music" or "Gattokiller's Figure Skating Music". Not sure if I am allowed to post youtube links here, but if you search for them on youtube you'll find many soundtracks reproduced this way.

Now I am still looking for several medley tracks of programs of some skaters, which I couldn't find yet,

- "Rhapsody in Blue" performed by Evan Lysacek FS 2010
- "Belkis, Queen of Sheba" performed by Kimmie Meissner FS 2006
- "Memories of a Geisha" performed by Carolina Kostner FS 2007

and I guess there are more of them.

So my question is, do you have any input/ideas of this? Maybe other sources where I can get clean medleys of the skater's programs without any background noises? Or any hint with which program I can create by myself those tracks?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Alex D

Record Breaker
Hello!

I am not sure if this is the right forums but I will give it a shot. I am a fan of Figure Skating, and especially also of the music. Maybe you know it, that you see a Free Skating programm for example and want to have this track/medly also for yourself on your mp3 player/iphone to hear it again.

So far I found out, that some users on youtube are "reproducing" (I am not sure what's the correct technical word for this is)? the tracks without the background noises.

Known users are "J's figure skating music" or "Gattokiller's Figure Skating Music". Not sure if I am allowed to post youtube links here, but if you search for them on youtube you'll find many soundtracks reproduced this way.

Now I am still looking for several medley tracks of programs of some skaters, which I couldn't find yet,

- "Rhapsody in Blue" performed by Evan Lysacek FS 2010
- "Belkis, Queen of Sheba" performed by Kimmie Meissner FS 2006
- "Memories of a Geisha" performed by Carolina Kostner FS 2007

and I guess there are more of them.

So my question is, do you have any input/ideas of this? Maybe other sources where I can get clean medleys of the skater's programs without any background noises? Or any hint with which program I can create by myself those tracks?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Well,

I actually have some videos, which I made as I hated the commentary, as for example of Anna Pogorilaya with the Tango or Medvedevas EX from the Olympics. Since I worked in music for many years, this was just something of a few minutes, I also made program music for local skaters - which would be called "medley" or Edit, similar to what Madi and Evan do in the studio with their team.

Anyways back to your question,

to just cut out background noise is not a good idea, as frequencies will overlap and if you cut out the voices from commentators, then you lose the voice of the vocalist too, as it´s in a similar range below 8k, plus lots more. If you cut out the highs (crowds), the music will sound dull and empty, like an old record with no fire and room.

Because of that, you would need to find the music parts and put them together, cut out what the skaters had removed, maybe insert an element like some percussions and so on. There are many shops that sell music online.
Once you have the music on your PC you can start tweaking it by using several tools, I can only say what I have which is Ableton and Logic, both quite expensive though. They allow you to do a full program for a skater, gymnast or wherever music is needed, besides of course making your own music, sound effects....

It´s a simple drag and drop system, with lots of plugins, instruments ... To explain it in detail would go to far, though. ;)

I am sure there are also free alternative "DAW´s", as that is what they are called, "digital audio workstation". Key is, that you have the original music at hand or that you understand something of music, to "remake" it, if the skaters team altered the music. Once done, you just combine the video with the music, for instance with Adobe or some free video editing tool, if you want the skater to skate to your music, as I did, else just use the mp3 for your mp3 player.

I believe this answers your question?