Designer masks inspired by Virtue and Moir | Golden Skate

Designer masks inspired by Virtue and Moir

cl2

Final Flight
I just checked Caron's website, and found out that he designed masks based on several other skaters too.

Shoma Uno
Papadakis/Cizeron
Chock/Bates
Moore-Towers/Marinaro
Hawayek/Baker

All the Shoma Uno masks are sold out. I wonder who is buying them all? :scratch3:

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
The designs are based on the costumes he designed for the skaters. :)

I personally prefer the dark red designs myself.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Quite a few other skaters are being homaged directly by the fans too... someone ought to collect up photos of all of them, both this designer's and others, as in a tiny way they are part of the unique social history of the sport (I do love social history :coffee: ) And it'll give future generations something harmless to boggle at :biggrin:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This may become quite the trend. While waiting in a line, I noticed the person in front of me had a red mask with a lot of sequins. I don't know about washing it, but it WAS beautiful.

icybear

Medalist
Arent reusable masks supposed to be washed often? I dont think washing something with sequins frequently is going to be efficient or durable.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Arent reusable masks supposed to be washed often? I dont think washing something with sequins frequently is going to be efficient or durable.

I don't think the purchasers are going to be wearing the masks to WalMart. They will probably be mounted/framed and displayed like the works of art they are.

icybear

Medalist
I don't think the purchasers are going to be wearing the masks to WalMart. They will probably be mounted/framed and displayed like the works of art they are.

People are going to spend 120 dollars to have a mask on their display?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
People are going to spend 120 dollars to have a mask on their display?

the mask are works of art... memorabilia... or formal wear/fashion statements.. they are actually not recommended for protection against the virus... btw 120 for a piece of art is nothing...

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This sounds like a colossal waste of money.

For $120, you could get a reasonably good putter. You know... something useful. :laugh2:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I agree with 4everchan that 120$ for a piece of art is nothing. These masks really are rather beautiful. I happen to collect other items to show on display, but buying a piece of art while simultaneously adding funds to a good cause doesn't seem like a waste of money to me. And it's a great way for a designer to support the WHO.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i mean... some of us spent hundred of dollars for competitions every year... some even thousands... worlds tickets were refunded and way more than 120 bucks... if he made (and he won't cause i doubt he made the costumes for chiddy) a journey mask... I may consider it... i can see why so many shoma fans bought the masks right away... i am waiting to see as for me, i'd buy a program i have seen live or that means more to me (though i adore shoma).... the closest one would be tessa and scott at this point...

Sabrina Navy

Spectator
These masks aren’t for protection, but for embellishment. They are perfect for taking some photos for Instagram or Facebook and that’s it. I don’t recommend them to be worn in areas where there are many people inside. Though I agree, these masks look like a piece of art. I saw many popular designers also make masks with their label printed on them. However I made a little bit of research and found out that these masks and bags are fake of AAA quality. On https://www.mau-fashion.com/replica-websites/ you will find reviews of replica bags accompanied by masks.