Leg Length Discrepancy? | Golden Skate

Leg Length Discrepancy?

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
What can/should be done skating-wise about one leg being slightly shorter than the other?

I read that leg length discrepancies as minor as mine don't usually cause problems unless one is an athlete or has a job that involves being on your feet a lot, but I can check both of those boxes plus have some issues with muscle tone.

I'll definitely see a doctor once the quarantine is over, but does anyone know anything in the mean time? Is just using a lift or shim in one skate asking for trouble down the line since my ankles and knees would still be out of alignment?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
What can/should be done skating-wise about one leg being slightly shorter than the other?

I read that leg length discrepancies as minor as mine don't usually cause problems unless one is an athlete or has a job that involves being on your feet a lot, but I can check both of those boxes plus have some issues with muscle tone.

I'll definitely see a doctor once the quarantine is over, but does anyone know anything in the mean time? Is just using a lift or shim in one skate asking for trouble down the line since my ankles and knees would still be out of alignment?

Possibly some kind of insert or orthotic in your shorter legs boot?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
I think I remember somebody at our rink having this issue. I'll try to ask them and see how they sorted it.