Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko

VenusHalley

Final Flight
I have been watching the ESC since 1987. In 2008 I sat in front of the TV and watched the broadcast. The next one is Russia. I looked at the guy in white shirt with Edvin Marton...and! suddenly appeared on the screen Evgeni Plushenko! I couldn't believe in my eyes I started shouting for my husband! He is Plushenko! He is! He was well-known for many people in Europe, he had great tour in many countries of Europe, he was the ambassador of Soch OG in 2017, etc. In that time many people said his popularity helped Bilan to win, many people voted to the production bc of him his effect was powerful in the performance.. I don't think that was his memorable production as a skater :laugh:, (and he was really fat with a little belly :laugh: ) but on the other way it was! That was unique on that really small synthetic ice. He was mentioned in this lovely video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv6tgnx6jTQ&t=3m30s "Love, love,peace, peace.... and a Russian man on skates"..:laugh: Some days ago I posted a video about the after party at ESC in the fan thread. He was more happy as after Torino.:biggrin:

Honestly, Bilan singing the most boybandy song ever, with Plushy skating on that teeny weeny ice rink and that violinist... it was the tackiest, cheesiest, kitschiest, most poppy entry and essence of modern Eurovision. I find it funny when Russians whine about how it is horrible contests about how horrible the contest is...um... you remember the entry you won with? :D You cannot complain about the contest then.
(but tbh, lots of European media is "waaaaaaaah! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Eurovision is horrible! waaaaaaah!" after the finale is finished and their particular song did not win).

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Honestly, Bilan singing the most boybandy song ever, with Plushy skating on that teeny weeny ice rink and that violinist... it was the tackiest, cheesiest, kitschiest, most poppy entry and essence of modern Eurovision. I find it funny when Russians whine about how it is horrible contests about how horrible the contest is...um... you remember the entry you won with? :D You cannot complain about the contest then.
(but tbh, lots of European media is "waaaaaaaah! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Eurovision is horrible! waaaaaaah!" after the finale is finished and their particular song did not win).

Yes, I remember everything! :laugh: They went into their tantrums when Lazarev lost in 2016..But I'm not surprised we, Hungary also did it. Last year we didn’t make it to the finals, we were offended thus Hungary didn't enter the competition in this year.. :scratch3: :slink:

I'm not expert but Bilan didn't sing clearly and his English pronunciation was awful..:laugh: But they won. ;)

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Well considering Europe likes to play drinking games with Eurovision... majority of people who actually vote there are smashed and trashed by the point, so they are not voting rationally. Eurovision good is different from everyday good...

Czechs always hype up the contestant and talk about how Eurovision is PRESTIGEOUS content and then we are all "it's a freaking circus! It's distasteful" when our entries lose. And we gotten few last places and even dreaded nill points... and we did not even participated that many times.

ruga

Final Flight
The general culture in Europe is saying that Eurovision is tacky, stupid, boring and political, then watch it anyway (and also complain when your neighbors don't give you those sweet political points).

Though that Bilan/Plushenko thing was way tackier than your average ESC performance.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Lazarev is boring, Bilan is boring.
Buranovskie Babushki are wonderful! :luv17:
Buranovskie Babushki are sincere.

As for Little Big, I don't like them, but it is funny that they were sent to Eurovision. :coffee:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The general culture in Europe is saying that Eurovision is tacky, stupid, boring and political, then watch it anyway (and also complain when your neighbors don't give you those sweet political points).

Though that Bilan/Plushenko thing was way tackier than your average ESC performance.

This is becoming very much OT, but I have to say it. Eurovision is the world's biggest, shiniest, kitschiest, unblushingest cheesefest. That's what most of the audience love,want and expect of it. Plushy fitted in because when it comes to unblushing, he's a Grand Master :laugh:

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
I liked Alsou and Yulia Savicheva. Russia had sent decent pop song to eurovision at point.

Thank you, that you even remember them.
I think I watched their Eurovision videos for the first time now.
Eurovision is boring indeed for me.

I like Buranovskie Babushki. :luv17:

Gabby30

On the Ice

It's sad that it became like that. I was a ESC fan for many years, until it became to political a few years a back- and i'm not talking about neighbours points, but political as " i want to say something about this and this problem in the world in my song" political. It's becoming more and more hateful and hypocritical. After 2014, every Russian participant was booed, didn't matter who it was, and the hate between eastern European countries is more and more obvious with each year

Originally, Switzerland came with the idea of this festival back in 1956 to bring Europe together again after WW2. At first only 7 countries participated, then it became the biggest and longest show on the planet, with 40+ European countries + Australia ( i still don't understand what's Australias business here, it's an European show)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
We were invited and nope, we don't understand it either but no way were we going to say no....

Gabby30

On the Ice
We were invited and nope, we don't understand it either but no way were we going to say no....

I think Australia wanted to participate for many years, then ESC celebrated 60 years ( 2015) and for that special event, Australia was allowed to participate- but for only that one time. But for some reason you stayed, hm...

Dr Flutz

Match Penalty
How many Eurovision posts by the time someone went "becoming OT", and then...let's double it.

Anyway, good luck to Trusova and Plushenko in Eurovision even if only one of them is or was ever there.

Seriously, peeps.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
...( i still don't understand what's Australias business here, it's an European show)

Continuing the OT-ness

Australia was invited because we love Eurovision! Part of ABBA's success is thanks to Australia, also we love cheesy, kitschy stuff, so hey why not?

Plushy in Eurovision makes me grin whenever I think about it, it's so hilarious it's epic :laugh:

On topic, I wonder how the training camp will go with so many training groups there, sound like it's going to be intense!

Dr Flutz

Match Penalty
Surely everyone is eager to press forward in the new camp.

And please no more off topic Eurovision stuff...

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Surely everyone is eager to press forward in the new camp.

And please no more off topic Eurovision stuff...

Just one more off-topic Eurovision post. Does anyone have a link to Plushy's Eurovision performance? I watched the video with the look-alike on roller skater and really enjoyed it; I watched the whole video after watching just the roller-skater appearance that was time stamped. For someone not familiar with Eurovision, it was quite interesting and informative. Nothing like parody to get the essence of something.

ruga

Final Flight
Just one more off-topic Eurovision post. Does anyone have a link to Plushy's Eurovision performance? I watched the video with the look-alike on roller skater and really enjoyed it; I watched the whole video after watching just the roller-skater appearance that was time stamped. For someone not familiar with Eurovision, it was quite interesting and informative. Nothing like parody to get the essence of something.
https://youtu.be/bawnwSYOCFU
Here you go. Probably the weirdest place to see a figure skater though. There are better quality videos on official ESC account but maybe geoblocked if you couldn't find them.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-72s4WzUcKI

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada