Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko

eliana

On the Ice
I'm a big fan of Evgheni. He is a great personality, a great sportsman, a hard worker. I wish him a lot of success as a coach and I am confident that his students will get where they deserve to be. I will follow his activity with great interest. Those who hate him are not objective
He is a young coach who has the whole future ahead

Amei

Record Breaker
How many times has been complained about the evil Alina/Anna/Aliona-haters (Sasha is no longer worth mentioning for obvious reasons), who expose themselves when they start their sentences with "I'm a fan of Alina, but ...". Your way of giving negative things a positive touch is far more subtle and sophisticated. Bravo! Wishing good luck to Sasha and assuming in the same breath that she would not have been able to train alongside the phenomena* Anna and Alyona, is hard to beat in wickedness. Just like the malicious claim that she needed weaker skaters as training partners.
Where do you get your insider knowledge from? Are you present during the practice?
The pain that Sasha's exit left with Tutberidze fans must be very, very deep. No doubt.

*Of course, to use this term as a counterpart to Sasha is, on the one hand, indescribably ridiculous, on the other hand, this also shows your keen sense for covert mockery. Of course you don't say that Sasha wasn't a phenomenon too. Of course it doesn't mean that everyone else is less beautiful when one says that "wonderful Alyona is the most beautiful skater in the world". Sometimes my eyes roll so much that I start to squint. It would be nice if such unrealistic enthusiasm would in future only be performed again in the FF. Otherwise, other posters are forced to contradict here and that cannot be the aim of the matter.

I would like to add an PS: Maybe I am too hard and maybe it was not deliberately your intention. However, the result remains the same. Maybe you will think about it.

I don't think it's hating on a skater to say that that perhaps they will do better away from going to practice everyday against your toughest competition - it's been said numerous times about skaters that have left Eteri & co. and I've seen it in comments discussing if Zagitova should leave Eteri & co.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Those losses hurt EG without question.

Rozanov is the only one that could hurt EG, cause we've already seen athletes leaving Eteri but if they aren't as motivated and trained as they were at Sambo70 they quickly turn to nobodies.

However if you start to get coaches who worked with her, who knows what's the training process is like, what's the mentality you need to push, then you can try to replicate the same model and maybe that way Plyushenko's academy could become another Khrustalny.

But it's easier said than done, results will tell the truth. I think COVID worked in Eteri's favor, they got time to digest these departures and replacing everyone who left. If anything i bet that motivated them to work even harder.

Disagree: a progress would be a new school emerging with a new Trusova.
Moving trusova from one rink to the other is just politics (a great move for Plushenko).
I even think it's worst because until all the 3A were from the same school there was no benefit from pushing the judges in one direction, while with the girls in different rinks there will be a struggle to gain favour out of the ice.
I read about Sasha, that will get programs artistically more suited for her and "male" steps: I read as "we will do something different and I want PCS and GOE on the SS".

Not denying that there could be a better choreo for Sasha (she's growing and need to experiment), but the way it is advertised made me think of bringing that "Pushing" game we all hate on the international scene on the national competitions.
I may be wrong but a great italian Politician man once said "Thinking bad (of someone actions) is a sin, but you're rarely wrong"

Anyway, I can't wait to see her skate again.
She deserve better than last season.
Hope she finds more consinstency.
That perfect program had always been in her legs, she just needs the mind to get on the same tune.

It's a bit of both.

Yes part of the reason why Trusova didn't look a great skater artistically were the programs, they are right on that, at the same time just saying they'll do better alone doesn't solve anything.

I think we may see some improvement, i'm just not sure it will be to the extent i was hoping to, cause what i wanted was Trusova spending some time working with experienced choreographer / ice dance coach who can really work on the skating skills. (back crossovers, use of both legs which is a shared issue at Sambo70, edges)

McBibus

On the Ice
You always make the same mistake. You look from the perspective of the school, the team, the coach.

I don't care about Eteri or Sambo. I'm sorry.
It could be good for Sasha to change environment. She's entitled to have her opinion about what went wrong last year and act consequently.
Only warning: if it goes well someone will put himself in front of her.

For Sasha could go Well or could go wrong.
For Plushenko academy is win/win/tie.
WIN: extraordinary advertising
WIN: if sasha return to be number one as she was at junior level it will be all over getting the credits, but there is no proof that Sasha could return to be #1 even with Eteri or Mishin. We will see Plushenko always around her and anywhere on the media
TIE: If Sasha will copy the past season it won't to any damage to Plushenko, Rozanov will be the name associated with her "failure" (is not a failure being 3rd overall in the world and winner of 2 GP tournaments)

Just remember that Sasha always won everything
Until repeated, last year was just a bad (half) year, in which she could even be world champion.
That's the perspective to keep when looking at next year.
Sasha does not need no savior: she's perfectly able to win with her strength and talent

Scott512

Record Breaker
Rozanov is the only one that could hurt EG, cause we've already seen athletes leaving Eteri but if they aren't as motivated and trained as they were at Sambo70 they quickly turn to nobodies.

However if you start to get coaches who worked with her, who knows what's the training process is like, what's the mentality you need to push, then you can try to replicate the same model and maybe that way Plyushenko's academy could become another Khrustalny.

But it's easier said than done, results will tell the truth. I think COVID worked in Eteri's favor, they got time to digest these departures and replacing everyone who left. If anything i bet that motivated them to work even harder.

It's a bit of both.

Yes part of the reason why Trusova didn't look a great skater artistically were the programs, they are right on that, at the same time just saying they'll do better alone doesn't solve anything.

I think we may see some improvement, i'm just not sure it will be to the extent i was hoping to, cause what i wanted was Trusova spending some time working with experienced choreographer / ice dance coach who can really work on the skating skills. (back crossovers, use of both legs which is a shared issue at Sambo70, edges)

For sure they will try to emulate EGs team. The key point you made is let's Sasha brought one of her coaches with her who knows her inside out. He will be here real Coach.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I don't care about Eteri or Sambo. I'm sorry.
It could be good for Sasha to change environment. She's entitled to have her opinion about what went wrong last year and act consequently.
Only warning: if it goes well someone will put himself in front of her.

For Sasha could go Well or could go wrong.
For Plushenko academy is win/win/tie.
WIN: extraordinary advertising
WIN: if sasha return to be number one as she was at junior level it will be all over getting the credits, but there is no proof that Sasha could return to be #1 even with Eteri or Mishin. We will see Plushenko always around her and anywhere on the media
TIE: If Sasha will copy the past season it won't to any damage to Plushenko, Rozanov will be the name associated with her "failure" (is not a failure being 3rd overall in the world and winner of 2 GP tournaments)

Just remember that Sasha always won everything
Until repeated, last year was just a bad (half) year, in which she could even be world champion.
That's the perspective to keep when looking at next year.
Sasha does not need no savior: she's perfectly able to win with her strength and talent

Unique explanation and reasoning. I agree that it's a win-win situation for Plushenko Academy. He will get the credit if Sasha does great and he won't get the blame if she does not. I just can't see Sasha being anything less than one of the few best in the world and potentially number one.

McBibus

On the Ice
It's the first time I've seen this video. Thank you! Yana is the strong woman behind a successful man. Together they will do great things. Sasha, Sofia and the other students think they made the right choice

that's amazingly funny :thumbsup::laugh:

eliana

On the Ice
Yes it's been forgotten because of the most shocking coaching change in recent history and that is Aliona to plushenko well after the May 31st ending of the transfer period.

OK! I understand.. :disapp:

^ No, but if she does 5 quads she won't have to worry about the rest of it.

Last edited:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ No, but if she does 5 quads she won't have to worry about the rest of it.

Five quads would be Nathan Chen level. If she does that, she'll have earned the victory.

Overwhelming technical superiority can be done with joy and charm (if not balletic grace)... Midori Ito did it in 1988. Does Trusova have it in her? I'm interested in seeing it. Maybe only once, but I'll be watching that one time.