Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Wowww! I was impressed by Anastasiia GUBANOVA...where is she now? Fantastic skating and so artistical
She trains inSt-Petersbourg with Rukavicin after being expelled from CSKA by Buianova.
She got robbed twice by fed. No CSKA bonus (Tarasova was busy politicking for someone else).
A wasted talent.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I for one is excited about Sasha's programm! Yep Im an Abel fan so Im prejudiced but its super inetersting to see what she can do with sucj kind of music. Def outside her comfort zone.
I wouldnt dismiss her as Juliet. Esp with sucj powerful music as O Verona.
Really a chance to show her range.

eliana

On the Ice
She trains inSt-Petersbourg with Rukavicin after being expelled from CSKA by Buianova.
She got robbed twice by fed. No CSKA bonus (Tarasova was busy politicking for someone else).
A wasted talent.

Thank you! :disapp:

Arbitrary

Medalist
There's a video on YT headlined "Plushenko's admitting Trusova is in her pubertal spur and..."

I just want to remind it's not necessarily means the end of times.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
There's a video on YT headlined "Plushenko's admitting Trusova is in her pubertal spur and..."

Yes, this is natural. But when did Plush say it? In wich interview?

I don't take that channel seriously I believe she is just a Youtuber a fan of TT. There is no link of the interview just talking.

edit: This is another video from that channel - The hater film about Trusova is an attempt to impose her point of view on us. ( Хейтерский фильм о Трусовой - это попытка навязать нам свою точку зрения.)

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I’m curious to see the R&J program with 5 quads because setting up for those 5 quads may take away from choreography.
I wish that she were using cuts of R&J that weren’t so popular so we wouldn’t have another skater to compare her to.

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Plyushchenko parasiting on the state schools 'rejects' is one thing, proving that he, the great Yevgeniy Viktorovich, is the 'Universal Trainer' from the future of figure skating, besting the currently best training teams is quite another. If only he applied himself seriously ....

Eteri didn't train all her students from 4 years old. Skaters can and will move on coaches who promise to give the specilized attention they need. As unbelievable as it is, Sasha's jumps look improved at Pluskenko's rink. The jumps looks tighter and straighter than she did last season. I was actually worried last season, because it looked like her quads were devolving, but now, there looks to be some hope.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Wowww! I was impressed by Anastasiia GUBANOVA...where is she now? Fantastic skating and so artistical
That was a wonderful Romeo and Juliet with such artistry and feel that is very rare these days.
A wasted talent.
Nastia was really good in the Russian Cup final and she's pretty much through puberty which hit her harder than any girl skater I can remember. But what I don't know is if shes back on the ice is she training for the next season whatever the season is? We see videos of Sasha and the top girls at the skating all the time but not so much with a second and third-tier Russian girls .

I've never heard puberty referred to as a pubertal spur. Im looking forward to Sasha's Romeo and Juliet and seeing what kind of stamp she puts on that. It could be very different and it could be very good. Get your popcorn ready because this girl's going to be out to dominate this season! 😁

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
Eteri didn't train all her students from 4 years old. Skaters can and will move on coaches who promise to give the specilized attention they need. As unbelievable as it is, Sasha's jumps look improved at Pluskenko's rink. The jumps looks tighter and straighter than she did last season. I was actually worried last season, because it looked like her quads were devolving, but now, there looks to be some hope.

Thank you for pointing this out. Eteri has taken most of her skaters from other coaches. Obviously things were working with these girls and they wanted to leave her. Let them manage their own careers and let us be fans.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Thank you for pointing this out. Eteri has taken most of her skaters from other coaches. Obviously things were working with these girls and they wanted to leave her. Let them manage their own careers and let us be fans.
Yes. But i guess it's much more comfortable to get seniors with 3A/quads and good BOW/reputation thanks to finishing on every single podium these last 3 years, than getting unknown novices with inconsistent 3-3s and results below top 10.

Nastia was really good in the Russian Cup final and she's pretty much through puberty which hit her harder than any girl skater I can remember. But what I don't know is if shes back on the ice is she training for the next season whatever the season is? We see videos of Sasha and the top girls at the skating all the time but not so much with a second and third-tier Russian girls .
Like you i didn't see any videos.
She hadn't the "luck" to have the slender with almost no curves body type to begin with. It's surprising that she kept her jumps at a good level (even if she wasn't the most consistent) and was even landing 3lz-3lo with that body and her technique.

Scott512

Record Breaker
They probably meant "spurt," as in a growth spurt.
Probably.

EG has taken skaters from other coaches when they're like 5 to 15 years old and made them great. It works both ways without question. The coach benefits from the skaters and the skaters certainly benefit from working with TT for many years. A lot of us wondered how long she could make this unbelievable dynasty of girls and ladies together. The answer was unfortunately not too long. But that Sports then that's life. Some of these skaters have their own needs and think they can get more attention as another academy.

Yes. But i guess it's much more comfortable to get seniors with 3A/quads and good BOW/reputation thanks to finishing on every single podium these last 3 years, than getting unknown novices with inconsistent 3-3s and results below top 10.

Like you i didn't see any videos.
She hadn't the "luck" to have the slender with almost no curves body type to begin with. It's surprising that she kept her jumps at a good level (even if she wasn't the most consistent) and was even landing 3lz-3lo with that body and her technique.

The dominance of TT was out of this world but it was always going to be hard to keep it together long term with literally four or five great skaters within a couple years of age of each other.

Yes Nastya has not had much good luck in her career and not being built super slender is another hurdle for her. But she still needs to skate and if she could make it the next few years being like the third tier of the Russian ladies and if things break her way getting to the second tier for maybe a season then that will be pretty good in my book. The competition at the top of the Russian ladies is beyond belief. But it's also very tough in the middle of the pack.

Is there any reason to believe that Sasha will get her way and be able to do five quads in her free skate this season? 20t wanted to scale her back to three quads for the free skate that seemed to upset Sasha. But my thinking was perfect the three quads in the free skate and then go to floor and if it takes a season to perfect that that's fine. Then you try for 5. But she's probably not the most patient girl. ;)

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Is there any reason to believe that Sasha will get her way and be able to do five quads in her free skate this season?
Aside the fact that 3/4 of the fandom is praying for that to happen just to give a lesson to Eteri, no, there isn't any reason to believe so imo.

I still hope that the team will change the strategy.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Probably.

Is there any reason to believe that Sasha will get her way and be able to do five quads in her free skate this season? 20t wanted to scale her back to three quads for the free skate that seemed to upset Sasha. But my thinking was perfect the three quads in the free skate and then go to floor and if it takes a season to perfect that that's fine. Then you try for 5. But she's probably not the most patient girl. ;)

At beginning of the season she did 4 at Japan open fine. She got worse throughout the season (probably due to her rotation getting worse).
She probably "could" do 5. The key is to get the 4S consistent - and if that happens her head will be in right place to complete other quads.
If not she will be shaken and might make mistakes on her other quads (usually on later 4T's).

Later in the season she got even "more worse" probably because she lost confidence during the season as it got worse.

With mental help, 4 or 5 quads is not out of the sentence.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Plushenko doesn't only coach Sasha and Alyona (I am not even sure he had plans to take Alyona). His other skaters are much younger. To see what he himself can do as a coach it is interesting to observe the progress of Sofia Titova who is just 11 and couldn't rotate a 2A when she came to Plushenko two years ago. There are also the Sarnovsky brothers. Kirill just made juniors this season, Nikita is still a novice. We'll need to see how the kids do to decide if Plushenko is worth anything is a coach.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Plushenko doesn't only coach Sasha and Alyona (I am not even sure he had plans to take Alyona). His other skaters are much younger. To see what he himself can do as a coach it is interesting to observe the progress of Sofia Titova who is just 11 and couldn't rotate a 2A when she came to Plushenko two years ago. There are also the Sarnovsky brothers. Kirill just made juniors this season, Nikita is still a novice. We'll need to see how the kids do to decide if Plushenko is worth anything is a coach.
Sofia Titova had just turned 9, it's pretty common to be unable to do 2A at the time. She had a -2Lo combo and her jumps were very big, she also had very strong presentation abilities - And I think she's in fact regressed in this regard quite a bit since leaving Crystal for Plushenko, now she's quite a bit more boring to watch IMO.