Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I am both surprised and not surprised. Trusova came into the season as the favorite and really didn't have the success I think she had planned on having. In her current situation I don't think that is going to change- Alena has her beat on components and Anna is just as good at quads. She was clearly #3 by the end of the season. In her shoes I think the only path she saw forward was to change something, agree or disagree with that choice.

Either way, I wish her the best as I wish all skaters the best. I hope she finds what she is looking for and I hope any drama between adults doesn't impact their other students.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm in the minority, I don't think it's odd that she went to Plushenko. Evgeni was the quad king, and Sasha is the quad queen. It makes sense. The opportunity for show money. Sasha is very close to her family, so moving from Moscow was not a consideration. I'm looking forward to seeing her new programs.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think this is a good thing! We can finally see how Plushenko will work with top level skaters! I also think this will promote a rivalry between the two training groups, which means we can see both groups of skaters working to improve.

katymay

Medalist
I'm in the minority, I don't think it's odd that she went to Plushenko. Evgeni was the quad king, and Sasha is the quad queen. It makes sense. The opportunity for show money. Sasha is very close to her family, so moving from Moscow was not a consideration. I'm looking forward to seeing her new programs.

I'm surprised-mainly because of the way that Plushenko treated Tarakanova-. Also, Plushenko isn't a major power yet, not sure he even has the same sort of resources that are available at Sambo. I wish she had gone to Urmanov-I watched Urmanov with some of his talented novice ladies-and what struck me was he was so nurturing and warm. (And he has many girls who will rival Eteri's girls in the future).
Perhaps it is the case that Trusova is following Rozonov (Hot Coach) more than moving to Plushenko.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It seems like a good move. Something had to give with the top three skaters all having the same coach. Sasha is very talented technically so she should do well no matter who her coach is. Her mistakes are what have held her back (ie, into third place). If she starts skating clean programs with quads her PCS will go up. It will be interesting to watch.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am both surprised and not surprised. Trusova came into the season as the favorite and really didn't have the success I think she had planned on having. In her current situation I don't think that is going to change- Alena has her beat on components and Anna is just as good at quads. She was clearly #3 by the end of the season. In her shoes I think the only path she saw forward was to change something, agree or disagree with that choice.

Either way, I wish her the best as I wish all skaters the best. I hope she finds what she is looking for and I hope any drama between adults doesn't impact their other students.

For me Trusova’s quads are prettier and more powerful than Tsherbakova’s. I just think that Scherbakova’s more conventional gentle style of everything else is more appealing to the judges. When Trusova jumps... it’s an absolutely crazy impact

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Oh, the drama :drama:

In some sense, I think Plushenko and Trusova are very similar. I wish her good luck, imo it will work well.

Zagipatra

On the Ice
Veronika Zhilina and her sister also leave Team Tutberidze for Plushenko
https://m.sport-express.ru/figure-s...ko-1670243/amp/#click=https://t.co/85GtaCIbVQ

Wow...at this rate, Eteri will be left with Anna, who`s been with her since forever and Alina, who I truly believe will never change coaches.
Kind of ironic considering Eteri and Alina`s sometimes frosty relationship in the beginning. In that way, Alina will be for Eteri what Alina Kabaeva is for Irina Vinner :laugh:

icybear

Medalist
Ah yikes, I just dont think this is a good idea. All post Eteri girls career have gone down. I cant see what resources Plushenko has to offer for her. He has never coached a top skater to success and even top skaters that went to him have left him soon after. I wish Alexandra all the best though.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Ah yikes, I just dont think this is a good idea. All post Eteri girls career have gone down. I cant see what resources Plushenko has to offer for her. He has never coached a top skater to success and even top skaters that went to him have left him soon after. I wish Alexandra all the best though.
Her old coach is there , and the other trainer that now also leaves eteri and goes too plushenko is also there, probably the reason why veronica joins them too, because he taught the younger gilrs quads and 3a. Alyona said once that he is the trainer who helped her get her 3 a like we see her jump it now

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Based on this article https://m.sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/254757/ I'm actually pro-Tutberidze in this split. Looks like Trusova thought she could quad her way to the top of the podium while Tutberidze & Co were trying to get her to slow down on the quads.

By going to Plushenko, Trusova's going to pick up the same strategy of relying on jumping her way to the top of the podium. I don't think it'll work.

By going to Plushenko, Trusova's going to pick up the same strategy of relying on jumping her way to the top of the podium. I don't think it'll work.

I think it might, if she gets a triple Axel. Conceivably she could present 4 quads and a 3A in the LP, plus a 3A in the short. I don't see how the judges could deny her, no matter what qualities her rivals might bring.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
^Ugh I hope not. I'm in favor of Tutberidze's attempt to make her a more well rounded skater.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
^Ugh I hope not. I'm in favor of Tutberidze's attempt to make her a more well rounded skater.
What do you not hope
That it's true than sorry but it is true , daniils also gave an interview were he said that ipthisnis in fact true about sasha

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it might, if she gets a triple Axel. Conceivably she could present 4 quads and a 3A in the LP, plus a 3A in the short. I don't see how the judges could deny her, no matter what qualities her rivals might bring.

Agreed.

Plushenko was no John Curry in terms of stylish skating himself. But he had his own unique brand of fearlessness, energy, and charisma. Trusova could do far worse than get her some of that.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada

Fingers crossed!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Why does she think that Plushenko will be better for her than Eteri? Is he ever make anyone an olimpic champion?

Possibly, possibly not. People probably said the same about Orser when Yuna Kim decided to go to him...