Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko

Plisskin

Medalist
Well, I hope Sasha gives Eteri her flowers lol. Jokes aside I'm intrigued to see what her programs and skating is going to look like. It's gotten boring for me that most top skaters in Russia now are from the Eteri camp and all have same style choreography, dresses, etc.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Wow...at this rate, Eteri will be left with Anna, who`s been with her since forever and Alina, who I truly believe will never change coaches.
Kind of ironic considering Eteri and Alina`s sometimes frosty relationship in the beginning. In that way, Alina will be for Eteri what Alina Kabaeva is for Irina Vinner :laugh:

Anna has been with Eteri for 12 or 13 years even longer than Zhenya was with her. Anna is like Eteris s third daughter. Veronikaseems to have a lot of potential and is very mature for her age and can do a lot. But she seems like a bit of a diva in the making and EG does not have time for diva attitudes.

Kabaeva was do special. Alina her namesake is too.

Not sure about the Sasha move. I certainly wish her luck she seems like a Supergirl and I hope she makes her decisions someday and not let her parents do it. her parents made the foolish decision to go to Egypt in a worldwide pandemic. Now this dubious coaching move. Sasha did so great with Eteri. Sasha was the greatest Junior skater ever she dominated her first two grand prix events as a senior mother nature kicked in she grew a few inches and she struggled a bit by her lofty standards at Grand Prix final Nationals and Europeans and then makes this panic move to a new coaching team and to do academy. I can only wish her well but have great doubts about this move because Serafima and Nastya t bombed with Plushenkos academy. Nastya T got ridiculed by Plushenko after she left. Now Sasha is different than those two girls that has a much bigger game with much more potential. But I certainly think this is a risky move.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well, I hope Sasha gives Eteri her flowers lol. Jokes aside I'm intrigued to see what her programs and skating is going to look like. It's gotten boring for me that most top skaters in Russia now are from the Eteri camp and all have same style choreography, dresses, etc.

Someone said Eteti is out of the country with her daughter in the United States so she will probably never get flowers from Sasha. I think Sasha would be afraid to meet with her anyway and tell her she's leaving for plushenko. That is a dagger to Eteris heart. The pain for Eteri would be real.

I sure hope Sasha has someone can she can talk to when she's struggling. Because there are going to be more struggles ahead since she does the most difficult free skate in the history of ladies figure skating. She doesn't take it easy on herself and this is a risk and reward sport.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
I sure hope Sasha has someone can she can talk to when she's struggling. Because there are going to be more struggles ahead since she does the most difficult free skate in the history of ladies figure skating. She doesn't take it easy on herself and this is a risk and reward sport.

I am hoping that her and Zhenya have been talking. Zhenya has experienced some of the same ridicule and hate that Sasha is/will receive. Hopefully Zhenya can give her some tips on how to handle the media, “fans”, and russian politics through all of this. For a 15 year old, this would be extremely difficult and I can’t imagine myself handling it well when I was 15. Now I am hoping that Sasha and Zhenya have events together again because I really don’t want Sasha to have to skate against Aliona, Alina, or Anna during her first few competitions under her new coaching staff. I know that they will eventually meet at the GPF and/or Russian Nats, but I want Sasha to have a chance to adjust to her team without the pressure of skating against her old rinkmates and under the eyes of her former coaches.

Skuratov

On the Ice
Someone said Eteti is out of the country with her daughter in the United States so she will probably never get flowers from Sasha. I think Sasha would be afraid to meet with her anyway and tell her she's leaving for plushenko. That is a dagger to Eteris heart. The pain for Eteri would be real.

She is joining Konstantinova.

Skuratov

On the Ice
A sad day. Sasha was relevant with Eteri. I don't understand why go with Plushenko? She was unable to master the 3 Axel with Volkov. Is she following Rozanov? Dudakov was the mastermind responsible that Sasha made Quads. I doubt she can get the quad Loop with that team: Volkov-Rozanov. Plushenko does not train skaters anymore he is the commercial administrative part of his school. Sasha's career will go downhill. :cry:
From Mother of Quads to Cersei.

Now I am sure who will make the 2022 Russian Olympic team:Alyona, Anna and Kamila.

Amei

Record Breaker
A sad day. Sasha was relevant with Eteri. I don't understand why go with Plushenko? She was unable to master the 3 Axel with Volkov. Is she following Rozanov? Dudakov was the mastermind responsible that Sasha made Quads. I doubt she can get the quad Loop with that team: Volkov-Rozanov. Plushenko does not train skaters anymore he is the commercial administrative part of his school. Sasha's career will go downhill. :cry:
From Mother of Quads to Cersei.

Now I am sure who will make the 2022 Russian Olympic team:Alyona, Anna and Kamila.

I don't think we should be quick to pronounce her career dead. I think something to her benefit could be that she is a viable contender not with Eteri (any longer); there was a lot of talk of 'would the Fed send 3 Eteri skaters to <insert event name> it's hard to replace 1 of those skaters when they are throwing down an arsenal of jumps and scores that Eteri's skaters do. Now even if she doesn't place top 3 at Nationals, I can see the coach's council wanting to push her over a 3rd Eteri skater for a Europeans/Worlds team.

It will be interesting to see though, if she was going to move this is the best season to do it as the following season is the Olympics, so she has this season to familiarize herself with her new team. Question is - her/her parents (someone) was impatient enough to leave the most successful coach for Russian ladies skating after 1 'bad' season, will they have patience with a coach that has little to no results for any skaters?

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I think it's a good move, at least as far as her leaving for a change of environment. It's helpful to have a coach who wants to strategize the best way for you to win, without also strategizing the best way for your closest competitors to. I'm just not sure if she's going to get the help she needs to improve the PCS scores or if she'll continue to just try to jump her way to the top of podiums.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I’m hoping Trusova huge success too but I don’t really see her reaching her potential under Plushenko. Tutberidze knows what the current judges want to see and is the very best at getting her students to maximize their abilities. Although I also understand not wanting to be just one of 4 or 5 quadsters under one coach and getting lost in the shuffle (even if she does have the best technical of all of them). What Plushenko can do for her is solidify her competitive spirit and ensure she gets the job done. But her skating leaves lots to be desired (which is fair - she just turned senior) but I am worried that she’s going to just continue make it about reeling off the jumps and not think about the program content too. Wish her the best of luck though!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I’m hoping Trusova huge success too but I don’t really see her reaching her potential under Plushenko. Tutberidze knows what the current judges want to see and is the very best at getting her students to maximize their abilities. Although I also understand not wanting to be just one of 4 or 5 quadsters under one coach and getting lost in the shuffle (even if she does have the best technical of all of them). What Plushenko can do for her is solidify her competitive spirit and ensure she gets the job done. But her skating leaves lots to be desired (which is fair - she just turned senior) but I am worried that she’s going to just continue make it about reeling off the jumps and not think about the program content too. Wish her the best of luck though!

I don't know what will happen. I don't know what will be Sasha's programs, but look at these Kirill and Sofia's program. There coach are Plushenko and Dmitriy Mikhajlov he was ice dancer, they are working together . PLushy has own group as Volkov and some other coaches, because that is a big school. Don'care about those persons most of them Russians who say Plush doesn't work as a coach.( When he got married Rudkovskaya they think he doesn't do anything.:biggrin: But he is a working almost every day except when he is on shows. But if the shows in Russia he trains his pupils before the shows. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irAb9vkaIm4) Look at this guy Kirill is his pupil. I don't think he is wrose as the others in his age plus he already has charisma.

Short https://www.instagram.com/p/B8O4AVbJbNC/ LP https://www.instagram.com/p/B8RRGMWp_Wk/

in this competition he landed in his firt 3A https://www.instagram.com/p/B_CfcaFpip2/ separately shows it

Titova is the Russian NOvice National champion Titova LP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF3MTSSb-4Y

Short https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wkRS-2Ak4I

Plushy works as choreographer for the juniors not only a tech coach.

This is for you CSG Emanuel Sandhu with Plush on practice before the Swan Lake show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQO_ZrvDin8

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Her old jump coach (the one that worked with all tutberetzi juniors) moved to plushenko. He was tired of not getting any credit for handing brilliant jumpers to dudakov so I guess he is good with trusova.

If trusova grows she is screwed. If not her jumps will not be effected.

And those talking about the eteri bonus: plushenko will carry same bonus believe me.

lpt

On the Ice
Her old jump coach (the one that worked with all tutberetzi juniors) moved to plushenko. He was tired of not getting any credit for handing brilliant jumpers to dudakov so I guess he is good with trusova.
People just can't stop making stuff up :palmf:
No, Rozanov (he one that worked with Tutberidze novices) is not "her old jump coach". He joined Tutberidze team in 2017. Trusova was in Khrustalny since 2016. Before that she was with Volkov.

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Trusova's quads were almost perfect for the first few tournaments in the last season but she struggled with them in the latter half. Plushenko can be a good jump coach to stabilize her quads. It is not usually a good sign when a skater leaves her long-term coach but she is one of my favorite skaters who should get over the mini-crisis in her career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec9vRhWFya8

le01

Rinkside
Trusova's quads were almost perfect for the first few tournaments in the last season but she struggled with them in the latter half. Plushenko can be a good jump coach to stabilize her quads. It is not usually a good sign when a skater leaves her long-term coach but she is one of my favorite skaters who should get over the mini-crisis in her career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec9vRhWFya8

Why do you think Plushenko can help her with her quads? He does not carry much weight as a coach yet, just because he could jump quads does not make him a good teacher. I think they are hoping Rosanov can replace Dudakov in technical department

Sent from my iPhone using Golden Skate

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Given Aleksandra has grown a lot, is still growing, and needs to readjust to her new shape, even when she's still without womanly curves, means there will be no instant success.
Aleksandra might very well still need a program loaded with ultra-si to have any chance against her former rink mates and some new seniors coming season.

When not treated with care, she might get broken by over eager Plyushchenko trying to score a few quick hits on the medals.

There is suddenly a lot of responsibility transferred to a coach who has little proven experience in training and maintaining world level skaters over a longer period.

The examples of those that came and left before Aleksandra should prove that a different working mode is needed.
And here, Plyushchenko now has to deal with Mr Trusov, who certainly should have stated conditions and check ups.

Being able to jump quads in your own prime as a male skater in a different era is no guarantee you can properly teach an adolescent or young woman.

I have more faith and confidence in Sergey Rozanov.

Didn't Mr Trusov and Volkov had a serious fallout over the emotional handling of Aleksandra? Has then been forgotten or smoothed over already?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I did not expect that at all. TBH, I thought that if any of Eteri top students would swith coaches, it'd have been Alina or Aliona. But I guess Sasha had time to think things through and decided this is the best for her right now. Still shocked. But what FS would be without the drama?

EDIT:
https://www.facebook.com/IFSmagazine/posts/10159694341732538
Ok, so she was clearly unhappy. No wonder she wanted to leave then. It is kind of pattern of Eteri's girls now...

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
People just can't stop making stuff up :palmf:
No, Rozanov (he one that worked with Tutberidze novices) is not "her old jump coach". He joined Tutberidze team in 2017. Trusova was in Khrustalny since 2016. Before that she was with Volkov.

Rozanov did work with Trusova on jumping during her last junior year, (as well as Alena Kostornia 3A).
As it happens Volkov (her former former jump coach) is also at plushenko Academy.
Rozanov is a brilliant coach who has gotten many quads for the younger skaters and will be a great addition to Plushenko.
Dudakov takes over usually when they reach seniors.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am hoping that her and Zhenya have been talking. Zhenya has experienced some of the same ridicule and hate that Sasha is/will receive. Hopefully Zhenya can give her some tips on how to handle the media, “fans”, and russian politics through all of this. For a 15 year old, this would be extremely difficult and I can’t imagine myself handling it well when I was 15. Now I am hoping that Sasha and Zhenya have events together again because I really don’t want Sasha to have to skate against Aliona, Alina, or Anna during her first few competitions under her new coaching staff. I know that they will eventually meet at the GPF and/or Russian Nats, but I want Sasha to have a chance to adjust to her team without the pressure of skating against her old rinkmates and under the eyes of her former coaches.

:agree: Sasha and Evgenia remained friendly last season, so I'm sure Zhenya will be supportive to her. And I hope they have the same assignments.