Will Zagitova return? | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Will Zagitova return?

Scott512

Record Breaker
How is alina's training going? Is she still working her way back into a normal practice routine after the long layoff?

Amei

Record Breaker
How is alina's training going? Is she still working her way back into a normal practice routine after the long layoff?

The only thing I've seen about Zagitova was like a 5 second clip of her on an elliptical, nothing on ice.

Scott512

Record Breaker
The only thing I've seen about Zagitova was like a 5 second clip of her on an elliptical, nothing on ice.
It's going to be a long road back for Alina and all figure skaters after missing so much time. They have to be careful.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Now more than ever I think Zagitova will try to make a comeback. This is the perfect opportunity for her to try and gain a spot to worlds next season. Nobody knows what will happen with Sasha and Alena, and the only main Russian senior skater from TT would be Anna next season, so TT may want to give Alina more attention to have her steal a spot from Sasha or Alena. This would be the perfect revenge for leaving in ET’s eyes.

I think now is Alina’s time to act, as this could be her opening to potentially return to a second olympics.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
And I have the opposite feeling that after this, Alina will be reluctant to return. I mean - Sasha leaving, Alena leaving. All these girls retiring or changing sports - Tarusina, Kanysheva, Vasilieva, Tarakanova, Tsurskaya, Sotskova. At least Alina has won everything.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
And I have the opposite feeling that after this, Alina will be reluctant to return. I mean - Sasha leaving, Alena leaving. All these girls retiring or changing sports - Tarusina, Kanysheva, Vasilieva, Tarakanova, Tsurskaya, Sotskova. At least Alina has won everything.

Interesting take! I could definitely see it going either way.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Interesting take! I could definitely see it going either way.

I wonder how Sakhanovich, Gubanova, Samodurova, Konstantinova and even Tuktamysheva and Medvedeva are still skating? You have to be REALLY successful to survive in this sport - no matter If you are in novice, juniors or seniors. Medaling all the time.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Well, she sure can get more attention now. But she has to be enough motivated to train hard during two seasons.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Does anyone have a clip of her practicing the 4F in a harness?

Would like it if Zagitova continues to compete, if she wants to. She’s talented enough to offer so much more artistically, I believe.

colormyworld240

Medalist
Now more than ever I think Zagitova will try to make a comeback. This is the perfect opportunity for her to try and gain a spot to worlds next season. Nobody knows what will happen with Sasha and Alena, and the only main Russian senior skater from TT would be Anna next season, so TT may want to give Alina more attention to have her steal a spot from Sasha or Alena. This would be the perfect revenge for leaving in ET’s eyes.

I think now is Alina’s time to act, as this could be her opening to potentially return to a second olympics.

Let's treat Alina like her own person. Whether she comes back or not should not depend on the decisions of other skaters. So far, it does not seem like anyone leaving/coming into that camp has affected her and she's been there for it all. Anyways, Alina cited a lack of motivation for her break so who knows if she has found motivation now. I hope that motivation is not other skaters coming in/leaving as that changes all that time and is completely out of her control.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Agreed. But you really think EG will be out for 'revenge? 😜

It's very sad that all those girls you name that retired but it's a jungle with a Russian ladies. Quite frankly it's a contact sport in many ways. ;) but have no fear the reigning and defending Olympic and World Champion will return to competition if there are any competitions this season.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Is the pandemic going to affect Alinas come back? I still expect her to make her come back and a strong come back but I'm wondering if the pandemic is doing anything to her mind about this.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Is the pandemic going to affect Alinas come back? I still expect her to make her come back and a strong come back but I'm wondering if the pandemic is doing anything to her mind about this.

On one hand with the season that is expecting us she can skip it and focus more on training, on the other hand it would be useful to get used on competitive atmosphere again, it's different to skate without pressure on the training rink and in competition. The pause shouldn't last too long IMO.

Scott512

Record Breaker
On one hand with the season that is expecting us she can skip it and focus more on training, on the other hand it would be useful to get used on competitive atmosphere again, it's different to skate without pressure on the training rink and in competition. The pause shouldn't last too long IMO.
I think that sums it up. I think we agree she needs to get used to the competitive atmosphere again in competitions not just in practice.

Amei

Record Breaker

She took off half the season last year and if she were to decide to not compete this year, that would mean walking into the Olympic season cold from competition for awhile. I think it would be better to see what she is able to score against the skaters that she will be competing with for a spot at the Olympics. Hopefully she has gained or is able to gain a quad or triple axel soon and can use this season to get used to competing it, Shcherbakova and Trusova both went through some consistency pains with competing the quad.