Will Zagitova return? | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Will Zagitova return?

Finley

Record Breaker
As for myself I feel completely innnocent :)

I'm with you. I want them all to succeed and do their best. Just because I love Alina the most doesn't mean I want any other skater not to live up to their full potential and have the career they dream of. Their competitive careers are short enough as it is. :( Let's appreciate them while we have them. No two skaters have the same gift to give us through their art. Some resonate with you more than other. Some you can connect with more than others.

It's like a song. It may not be your favorite song. You may hit skip every time you hear it. But it's somebody's favorite song somewhere. :)

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
So, while several people spend days by counting Alina out you then come and ask for not counting several skaters out :rolleye:

This is such a way to attempt and twist words.🙄. I don’t spend days on these boards because, you know, real life happens, so I don’t see every post. If you believe she’s returning and will win Worlds than more power to you. I hope you’re right. Time will tell

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
I also want to add that I hope there is a season. I don’t even care at this point who returns and who doesn’t. I just miss skating. Carry on!

Amei

Record Breaker
Well if Alina is at the training camp in the midst of a epic pandemic with her teammates I would say that's a really good sign she's going to return to competition. She could be hanging out at her apartment with her animals staying safe. But instead she's risking it all to train to get better than last season and to continue on. I look forward to seeing the finished product this next season if there is a next season. She could be doing all this training and preparation for no season that must mean she really wants it.

She's not at training camp, it was reported last week that she was not going to be joining the team for training till later.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
No. She can and should be allowed to change her mind when the time comes if she wishes.

Well yes of course she's allowed to change her mind, but if he's preparing programs then its clear that as of now the plan is to come back.

Scott512

Record Breaker
OK mrs Tarasova, we knew you just don't like Alina before...

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1085487449.html

It's something like the alleged "go have kids", apart from that this is not the line invented by TSL, those are the real words.

Let me make some comparison.

Liza training quad: The reaction is like "that's so great adult lady is learning quads, that will keep her in the bussiness."

Alina learning quad: Just ignore that and send her making ads and shows.

There are many other ladies skaters who do not have 3A/quad, but Tatiana doesn't send them to retire.

But let's take int positively. This is exactly what can motivate Alina to turn into an Arnold mode: "I'll be back." She was always the best when people doubted her.

You made such a pertinent point how lies are always gets glory for being competitive at 23 years old and yet Alina who just turned 18 needs to retire. Lol. Liza with her triple axel can't even beat Alina without a triple axel. We all know that people want to see Alina go away because it would hurt eteri as a coach. But if Alina stays around a couple more years and it's still competitive as I believe she will be then that will help eteri as a coach coaching her first successful adult since Zhenya when she was 18.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
You made such a pertinent point how lies are always gets glory for being competitive at 23 years old and yet Alina who just turned 18 needs to retire. Lol. Liza with her triple axel can't even beat Alina without a triple axel. We all know that people want to see Alina go away because it would hurt eteri as a coach. But if Alina stays around a couple more years and it's still competitive as I believe she will be then that will help eteri as a coach coaching her first successful adult since Zhenya when she was 18.

If Alina returns, I think it will be about her own achievements and not so Eteri can say she had a successful adult skater. The primary thing preventing Alina from winning right now is Eteri's other skaters, so I don't think the coach would be rooting against her younger skaters just so she can have an older champion.

Scott512

Record Breaker
If Alina returns, I think it will be about her own achievements and not so Eteri can say she had a successful adult skater. The primary thing preventing Alina from winning right now is Eteri's other skaters, so I don't think the coach would be rooting against her younger skaters just so she can have an older champion.

Alina will be skating at a very high level whether she wins medals or not. But since many make such a big deal about her coach not having a great adult skater since Zhenya at the Olympics it is important that Alina performs at a high level. I think she will score in the 230s again or more. To say that is respectable would be an understatement.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

:rolleye:

Scott512

Record Breaker
I have not heard anything bad about Alinas left knee in a couple years so I hope the health of that knee is good and she can compete competitively for a few more years.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I have not heard anything bad about Alina has left me in a couple years so I hope the health of that knee is good and she can compete competitively for a few more years.

Yes, the only important thing is whether Alina wants to compete or not. If she really wants, there is hardly anything that could prevent her from continuing her competitive career.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes, the only important thing is whether Alina wants to compete or not. If she really wants, there is hardly anything that could prevent her from continuing her competitive career.
I think Alina wants to compete and I think she wants to put the work in but everything is up in the air for the next season for everybody. Life is more important and this virus has devastated the world so figure skating is certainly secondary. There is a chance all these great athletes will put in tremendous training and work for the upcoming season and it could all be for naught.