Will Zagitova return? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Will Zagitova return?

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
I think that the Russian federation needs her now. We do not know what will happen with Trusova, plus there are new rules. If everything is fair with these rules during the season, Trusova and Shcherbakova should receive many carrots. So Alina has to return, as her technique is much better than theirs.

noskates

Record Breaker
No I don't think she will. She's gone as far as possible and why risk ending her career with a possible failure.

voolfee

On the Ice
Continuation of Alina’s career has nothing to do with Trusova’s leaving Eteri. This is ridiculous. Alina will proceed only from her desires and goals for the coming years. And I think that she will continue, there are many hints on this (if you follow her news).

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I doubt there ever was a skater whose "not-fans" would repeatedly claim "she's gone" as desperately as in Alina's case.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I believe Alina will continue skating and training, but it is unlikely she will return to a compete for a full season. Not that there is likely to be a full season this year.

Skatingcat

Final Flight
I would have said yes until the Pandemic hit...now I think she has lost her window and will retire. I actually feel a lot of other skaters have now lost their windows as well.

Sugar Coated

Final Flight
Continuation of Alina’s career has nothing to do with Trusova’s leaving Eteri. This is ridiculous. Alina will proceed only from her desires and goals for the coming years. And I think that she will continue, there are many hints on this (if you follow her news).

I think Eteri will pressure her to continue. She wants to sweep the podium and to show that she can train champions for more than 1-2 senior seasons.

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I thought originally she was gone to take a break and learn new elements..I was assuming it was quads or 3A etc.. I wouldn't be surprised if she came back with a new set of tricks she would want to try out.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Oh I wouldn't be too sure of that.....

Just compare Alina and the way people here talk about her with other skaters, whose not just one last season wasn't according to the best wishes, in fact whose results and everything were complete disaster. And you do not see so many people claiming hostile BS about being "gone as far as possible".

VenusHalley

Final Flight
I think that the Russian federation needs her now. We do not know what will happen with Trusova, plus there are new rules. If everything is fair with these rules during the season, Trusova and Shcherbakova should receive many carrots. So Alina has to return, as her technique is much better than theirs.

But Alina has been carroting through her skates since she grew. Not sure how these new rules would help her that much.

Plus... she may not like being forced into competing with "Russia needs you" again. We had that in post-Olympic season. Yeah, she might do it for Eteri and for Russia... but we know that her under pressure is not always the best.

Seruleane

Final Flight
I would be 😍if Alina came back, and I have no doubt if she wanted to, she could stay competitive. Having said that, she has also won everything there is to win in figure skating, and I would be totally fine if she wanted to pursue something else. She is young and the sky is the limit! I just hope she is happy and continues tuning all the media gossip out.