Figure skaters: Height comparison. How tall are Rika Kihira, Yuna Kim, | Golden Skate

Figure skaters: Height comparison. How tall are Rika Kihira, Yuna Kim,

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I love that Midori was the shortest, but her jumps were huge! I always thought Gabi Daleman is more like 160-5 cm tall, so that was suprise!

macy

Record Breaker
i hate to rain on everyone's parade, but it turns out some heights are not accurate. i googled heights for at least 5 or 6 skaters and they were different from what was in the video, and out of order unfortunately.

mrrice

Record Breaker
With the exception of the gorgeous Jennifer Robinson, I would say that every skater I have seen in person is short and relatively small framed. I never saw Midori but Tonya was tiny as was Kristi Yamaguchi.

noskates

Record Breaker
According to Google, Kristi is 4'11" and Tanya is 5'1". I think Tanya always looked bigger because she had a pretty heavy frame and was so muscular. Alexa Scimeca, for example, is 5'2" but looks tiny because Chris is 6'2". Haven Denney is 5'0" and Brandon Frazier is 6'2". As for the men, I remember reading somewhere that body types like Tim Goebel and Johnny Weir made their rotations tighter and faster. Found that interesting.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
I got Maria Sotskova beat. Maybe I should’ve kept at being the next Debie Thomas as I would’ve been the tallest on the ice! I would’ve stood out big time.
Dang it!

I also thought Tennell and Young You were taller. Maybe they just look taller than they are when they’re standing next to certain skaters.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
You look taller if your height is in your legs. If your height comes from your torso you look shorter. Most men get their height from their legs while with women it can go either way. Women with long legs will always seem taller.