Worlds 2017 Men's Events Watch Party, Sat/Sun 5/16-17 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Worlds 2017 Men's Events Watch Party, Sat/Sun 5/16-17

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I know Nathan had boot problems at this event and maybe that’s why he seemed a bit distracted to me throughout. Didn’t totally hold my attention, unfortunately.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ah yes, Nathan's free skate to the Flutzes and Waxels podcast music.

I really wish he would go back to having real costumes like this one.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I had forgotten what a fun program this was for Boyang. Especially since La Strada is such overused music.

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had forgotten what a fun program this was for Boyang. Especially since La Strada is such overused music.

Just tuning in after work, Boyang looks like he is having so much fun. I am really enjoying him here.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Oh Patrick and his skating skills to die for, even my best friend who saw Yuzuru's 3A and went "Was that good?" acknowledged how he just effortlessly glided across the ice, "It feels like he's a good skater" she said.

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really like Patrick skating to Eric's music, especially the second half of the program. The music really showed off his skating and I felt he got caught up in the music and relaxed, technical issues aside. this is one of my favorite things he has done. I felt genuine emotion from him with this one.

Glad to hear him say he was happy. I wish he had kept this for the Olympics. An additional year with music you really like might've made a difference.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
There's a still a part of me that wishsed Shoma won the World title. Had it not been for the Lutz and the spin...

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
While I may miss Javi every day I do not miss his bowling shirts

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am enjoying the musical choices of this last group so much. While still making mistakes, there does seem to be a freedom to their skating. The musical choices were unusual and a good match for each skater. So nice not to have the usual warhorses. I can forgive Boyang's music, because it is an unusual choice for him personally.

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
While I may miss Javi every day I do not miss his bowling shirts

I too miss Javi - just not this program. I am not a fan of Elvis programs in general, only Javi and Madi Chock can make me sit still for this music.

also, not a fan of the bowling shirts...

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A few comments here on Helsinki Worlds last two groups:

-Nathan's first Senior Worlds when he did mostly jump drills but had actual costumes - lol. I forgot that he fell twice here. He's progressed in the PCS side quite a bit in 3 years. And he became WC the following year after placing 6th.
- I love Jason's Piano almost as much as his SL - back when he was still with Kori, bless. Good for him and Nathan getting the 3 spots back that year. Fun to see him sitting with Yuzu in the green room - his future training mate.
- Boyang was at his peak here - with 2 fun programs. His PCS will never be great, so give him programs with personality, not emo music.
- Poor Javi - his SP was stellar but I think chasing Yuzu's score spooked him. This turned out to be his last WC appearance.
- Shoma - the Loco program was an unusual choice but it certainly worked for him in retrospect. Also with his old coach.
- Patrick - I miss his skating skills, period.
- Yuzu - probably the best FS he has ever performed. Just amazing. And such a contrast to the Prince SP (which I love).
- Denis - I have no words. RIP (Morozov still gives me the willies though)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I love that red and gold on Chen and as a later days fan, I am not used to him falling...

loved Bychenko. Disappointed by what Kolyada had for FS after SP...

Boyang was so, so cool, making how close he was to Hanyu technically at the time. And omg, Uno, fire as usual :yahoo:

Feel bad I missed Chan’s years, because he certainly looked grand.

And, yup, there is a reason why the only skater from the past I watch a lot is Fernandez, he’s just fun.

Hanyu’s bril in this one

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Okay, now that I have rewatched the whole of the men's FS... are we doing the gala?