Wifa skates reviews | Golden Skate

Wifa skates reviews

thesoundofice

Rinkside
Hy everyone!

It's almost time to change my boots (Edea Chorus). Not sure about if and when it will happen :scratch2:
Anyway, I've had plenty of time to do some research and I came across a "new" brand (established in 1920 :shocked:)I had never heard about before: Wifa skates.
These boots attract me because I've got wide feet and Wifa stock boots are available in 5 widths at a more than reasonable price.

Check it out:
https://wifa.at/WIFA-Champion-Light-Adults

They're made in Austria, so my question is mainly adressed to european skaters.
Any information or review is welcome.

Thanks

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Depending on your skating level you would only be able to really use two stock boots of theirs.

If you are coming out of a Chorus, have you outgrown the boot, or do you need something more advanced or is it just time for new boots (broken in)?

If you are an adult and doing doubles, Champion light is not going to be the way to go. You'd want Champion Reinforced.

thesoundofice

Rinkside
I need to change my boots because they're nearly torn apart 😅
I forgot to mention that skating for me has now become a hobby.
I only jump occasionally because I have to be easy on that ,otherwise my back won't forgive me. For this reason, it took me almost three years to regain my skills.
Honestly I don't think I'll ever go beyond the easiest doubles. That's why I considered the Champion Light to be suitable.
Anyway I checked Wifa's catalogue and I must say you're right.
I'd better go with the Champion Reinforced. Based on their stiffness evaluation, which is very different from other brands, Champion Reinforced seem to be the right choice for me. I'm also on the heavier side (60kg) so the Champion Light could be too soft.
Anyway I think that Edeas are soft too, If compared to other brands.
Thanks for your help.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
I need to change my boots because they're nearly torn apart ��
I forgot to mention that skating for me has now become a hobby.
I only jump occasionally because I have to be easy on that ,otherwise my back won't forgive me. For this reason, it took me almost three years to regain my skills.
Honestly I don't think I'll ever go beyond the easiest doubles. That's why I considered the Champion Light to be suitable.
Anyway I checked Wifa's catalogue and I must say you're right.
I'd better go with the Champion Reinforced. Based on their stiffness evaluation, which is very different from other brands, Champion Reinforced seem to be the right choice for me. I'm also on the heavier side (60kg) so the Champion Light could be too soft.
Anyway I think that Edeas are soft too, If compared to other brands.
Thanks for your help.

I agree with Ic3Rabbit due to desiring to jump doubles.

That being said I wouldn't put 60kg on the heavier side.

Crystal Rainbows

Rinkside
Country
Canada
I used to skate artistic quad rollerskating competitively and Wifas were my BFF - they fit me perfectly. I loved them for what it's worth. I was working on doubles. But I seriously think it is because of the skate tech. He is a magic man - still going to the same family.
Did you get the Wifas or something else? Curious how you are faring.🥸🤓

I found this thread because I am trying to find something compatible to replace my Wifas with... Jackson Fusion Elle so not loving it (only 1 wk old), Riedell - the toe box no longer loves me....

yogi-toes, high instep, tiny arch, wide ball & narrow/med heel. I had a pair of Moxy Roller skates this summer and was wishing for a 7.5 (I had an 8) insoled the fit was good but a much more sturdy boot...suede boot is super comfy and great for the boardwalk, could not spin/jump in them at all!. Curious which last they use, if its the same as any of the ice boots.

On my blades:
I'm currently going between 2 pair.
Jackson Elle Fusion in 8w - feels like I am skating in marshmallows - I've taken them out for a spin, plus learned how to tie them to at least feel like they are less marshmallow - but I can barely get edges, feels loose in the ankles unless I really yank. I am open to any an all suggestions to get these babies worked in - I feel like unless I break them in and really try them out I can't really do my test justice!

Riedell Royal 6.5A with Coronation Ace blade, which really need to be a B/C. My toes are jammed in there except right after my skate tech pulls them out of the oven - then they feel amazing - but on the ice it's a different story. He's told me no more punching out in the toebox, he's afraid he'll stretch the stitching! Yet these guys feel closer to how my Wifas felt!!

I am planning to get the rocker'ed rollerblades for 2021 and mount my freestyle plates too, so I'm on the hunt for boots I really love this winter!

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I used to skate artistic quad rollerskating competitively and Wifas were my BFF - they fit me perfectly. I loved them for what it's worth. I was working on doubles. But I seriously think it is because of the skate tech. He is a magic man - still going to the same family.
Did you get the Wifas or something else? Curious how you are faring.🥸🤓

I found this thread because I am trying to find something compatible to replace my Wifas with... Jackson Fusion Elle so not loving it (only 1 wk old), Riedell - the toe box no longer loves me....

yogi-toes, high instep, tiny arch, wide ball & narrow/med heel. I had a pair of Moxy Roller skates this summer and was wishing for a 7.5 (I had an 8) insoled the fit was good but a much more sturdy boot...suede boot is super comfy and great for the boardwalk, could not spin/jump in them at all!. Curious which last they use, if its the same as any of the ice boots.

On my blades:
I'm currently going between 2 pair.
Jackson Elle Fusion in 8w - feels like I am skating in marshmallows - I've taken them out for a spin, plus learned how to tie them to at least feel like they are less marshmallow - but I can barely get edges, feels loose in the ankles unless I really yank. I am open to any an all suggestions to get these babies worked in - I feel like unless I break them in and really try them out I can't really do my test justice!

Riedell Royal 6.5A with Coronation Ace blade, which really need to be a B/C. My toes are jammed in there except right after my skate tech pulls them out of the oven - then they feel amazing - but on the ice it's a different story. He's told me no more punching out in the toebox, he's afraid he'll stretch the stitching! Yet these guys feel closer to how my Wifas felt!!

I am planning to get the rocker'ed rollerblades for 2021 and mount my freestyle plates too, so I'm on the hunt for boots I really love this winter!
FIrst of all, let's keep it simple: Are you wanting ice boots? I (We) can help with that. Or do you want quad roller skate boots...because if that's the case you aren't in the right place as this is an ice forum.

Once we know what you are looking for, suggestions can come in (on the ice side).

Crystal Rainbows

Rinkside
Country
Canada
FIrst of all, let's keep it simple: Are you wanting ice boots? I (We) can help with that. Or do you want quad roller skate boots...because if that's the case you aren't in the right place as this is an ice forum.

Once we know what you are looking for, suggestions can come in (on the ice side).
Artistic roller skating is near-identical to ice - I switch between the two depending on the season. I was using the same boot for both and intend to that again.
As I said looking for something comparable to my Wifas - no one carries them in Toronto that I can find

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Artistic roller skating is near-identical to ice - I switch between the two depending on the season. I was using the same boot for both and intend to that again.
As I said looking for something comparable to my Wifas - no one carries them in Toronto that I can find
They do sell Wifa in Canada, but only Alberta, you may try going to their webpage and seeing if you can order the boots you want online there (you more than likely can). We'll have to agree to disagree greatly that artistic rollerskating on quads is near identical to figure skating because it's not IMO, and I should know, as a pro and former elite.

If you run into issues with not being able to order your Wifa's online, then we (I) could suggest some other brands for you.

Good luck!