spray paint revolution blades/ removing blades from boots | Golden Skate

spray paint revolution blades/ removing blades from boots

Annelegato

Rinkside
Hi,

Have anyone had experience with spray painting the top part/ carbon fiber part on the revolution blades?

I have this spray paint that i used to color my edea heels : https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-3...keywords=rustoleum+pink&qid=1588294574&sr=8-4

I'm also going to use that for the blades if it's a good idea

Also, if I decided to color it, will removing the blades from boots and putting it back on affect anything? Or is it better to just try to cover the boots and other parts without removing the blades?

Thanks!

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Hi,

Have anyone had experience with spray painting the top part/ carbon fiber part on the revolution blades?

I have this spray paint that i used to color my edea heels : https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-3...keywords=rustoleum+pink&qid=1588294574&sr=8-4

I'm also going to use that for the blades if it's a good idea

Also, if I decided to color it, will removing the blades from boots and putting it back on affect anything? Or is it better to just try to cover the boots and other parts without removing the blades?

Thanks!

No experience, but know people who did it.
The paint slowly faded and it looked much worse over time especially when its scratched etc.

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Hi,
Also, if I decided to color it, will removing the blades from boots and putting it back on affect anything? Or is it better to just try to cover the boots and other parts without removing the blades.
If you have no previous experience in demounting and remounting blades, refer to this previous thread for precautions:

https://goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?85610-Interchange-switch-blades-by-myself

See my posts #13 and #16.

ETA: Just noticed you were the OP on the previous thread as well.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Just don't do it. I believe a number of us said the same thing in the previous thread you were OP for. (Re: removing blades yourself).

Annelegato

Rinkside
Hi

so I might not remove the blades from the boots, just covering it.

would there be a negative consequence in just spraying the carbon fiber part?

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Hi

You should confirm that the paint that you plan to use is suitable for carbon-fiber composite material: (1) in particular, the paint does not attack the material and (2) the paint will adhere to the material (may require specific surface preparation as well). Since "carbon-fiber composite material" refers to a class of materials and not just one material, you should email Wilson for recommendations for the specific material they use. In my experience though, they are really slow in responding under normal times; in these abnormal times, who knows. If they don't respond, make sure the label on the paint indicates it's OK for carbon-fiber composite material; or email the paint manufacturer if there's no indication on the label.

These are pricey blades to treat as guinea pigs.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
No experience, but know people who did it.
The paint slowly faded and it looked much worse over time especially when its scratched etc.

Hi

As per post 2, the paint might fade and become scratched. In that case, you might want to re-do it. Depending on how much effort it takes to do all the masking, it could become quite an ongoing project.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi

I agree with Tstop4me. But also, you are going to have to deal with possibly ruining your blades and this would be alot of upkeep on the blades and could possibly chip off often from the moisture collecting under the boot. You and others would then be at risk of injury from skating on ice that could have paint chips on it/in it. Again, just don't do it.