Upcoming Figure Skating Novel | Golden Skate

Upcoming Figure Skating Novel

Layback11

Record Breaker
Hey guys! Remember that novel I kept talking about in the “Thank You” thread?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0893ZP79...eywords=sarah+salisbury&qid=1590365324&sr=8-1

IT’S HAPPENING!

For those of you who don’t know, I wrote a book following three junior ladies’ skaters throughout the course of one competitive season. I took some liberties for narrative purposes, I’ll admit, but I promise that the program layouts are plausible. (Nothing bugs me more than badly designed programs in books!)

I’ve got it finished and ready to publish; I’m just waiting on my friend who I commissioned to create cover art so I can get this thing up online. It’ll be out June 2 and even though it currently says it’s only available for Kindle, it’ll be available in paperback as well - I just can’t create that option until I have the cover art. Thought I should share this with you guys :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ah, didn't realise that you were one of the many Sarahs on here!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show...w?ac=1&from_search=true&qid=43I9an2UrO&rank=5

We're on Goodreads, y'all!
(This is the most self-indulgent thread ever, y'all I'm so sorry to bug you I just CAN'T STOP YELLING. This is what happens when you're a book nerd and you see your name listed on Goodreads.)

I don't think anybody would blame you for getting excited. Like, this is a big event in your life.

First and foremost, can I just say that I love the title! :biggrin: :clap: :points:

Just read the blurb, and I'm sold. And I'm not just saying this because it's you. From the summaries provided, the three skaters sound like really interesting characters, and I am already intrigured about them. Judging by what the blurb says, it really does sound like it will be an enjoyable novel.

Of course, we can't judge the book yet. So, I want to take this opportunity to say well done for writing a blurb that really grabs our interest!

And thank you for writing that review. OK, so it is a little bit naughty writing a 5 star review of your own book, but reading the background information actually added an extra dimension to the whole thing. So, thank you for providing it.

And thank you for letting us know on here that it will be available in paperback. Looking forward to when it will be available to buy.

Oh, and I can't wait to see the cover! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I sent an email to my daughter telling her to purchase the kindle edition.

We then have to figure out how to download it to my-previously-hers-and-still-on-her-account kindle.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I sent an email to my daughter telling her to purchase the kindle edition.

We then have to figure out how to download it to my-previously-hers-and-still-on-her-account kindle.

That is so incredibly sweet of you :luv17:! It’ll also be available to order as a paperback once I get the cover art, if that makes it easier. I hope you enjoy it!

Layback11

Record Breaker
Ah, didn't realise that you were one of the many Sarahs on here!

I don't think anybody would blame you for getting excited. Like, this is a big event in your life.

First and foremost, can I just say that I love the title! :biggrin: :clap: :points:

Just read the blurb, and I'm sold. And I'm not just saying this because it's you. From the summaries provided, the three skaters sound like really interesting characters, and I am already intrigured about them. Judging by what the blurb says, it really does sound like it will be an enjoyable novel.

Of course, we can't judge the book yet. So, I want to take this opportunity to say well done for writing a blurb that really grabs our interest!

And thank you for writing that review. OK, so it is a little bit naughty writing a 5 star review of your own book, but reading the background information actually added an extra dimension to the whole thing. So, thank you for providing it.

And thank you for letting us know on here that it will be available in paperback. Looking forward to when it will be available to buy.

Oh, and I can't wait to see the cover! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Ahh, thank you! I’m so glad you liked the title and blurb. I actually got the title from this song: https://youtu.be/Zop_48Haxl8

It’s always reminded me of skating, so I thought it fit the bill.

I can’t wait for it to become available, either! How much you’ll like it probably depends on your level of tolerance for cheesy things, but I do think you’ll like that through Luisa’s character arc, it features a small-fed skater trying to beat the odds, and I touch on the small-fed bias issue in judging somewhat. I thought you, our resident champion of the underdog, might appreciate that. :)

Layback11

Record Breaker
Though an unfortunate timing mishap with the illustrator means I probably won’t have the intended cover for a while (I made a temporary one), “Feet Don’t Fail Me Now” is LIVE! Both paperback and Kindle versions are available for you to buy. Kindle edition is $3, paperback is $6! https://www.amazon.com/Feet-Dont-Fail-Me-Now-ebook/dp/B0893ZP79N

The cover and paperback version will probably take about 8-12 hours to be processed, so they're not available right at this moment, but they are coming.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I turned off airplane mode on my kindle this morning, and it appeared!

I won't start reading right away because I am in the middle of another kindle book and have some hard-won new library books that have just come out of quarantine.

Having it waiting for me is something to look forward to, when there is so little to look forward to these days.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I turned off airplane mode on my kindle this morning, and it appeared!

I won't start reading right away because I am in the middle of another kindle book and have some hard-won new library books that have just come out of quarantine.

Having it waiting for me is something to look forward to, when there is so little to look forward to these days.

It warms my heart to know that my little quarantine project is giving you something to look forward to :) I can't wait for you to read it. (although I secretly dread the day anyone who's not the friend that I wrote this book for reads it...:eek: I know it's not a big enough book for me to really get any, but the possibility of scrutiny is scary!)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just bought it on my kindle. I plan to read it this weekend. I can't wait. :biggrin:

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
huge congrats! I would really like to get a paperback one, im not much for electronic reading. cant wait! I just started reading Duhamel and Radfords book about their career written by Laura E Young so maybe I can finish that before I start yours!

Layback11

Record Breaker
huge congrats! I would really like to get a paperback one, im not much for electronic reading. cant wait! I just started reading Duhamel and Radfords book about their career written by Laura E Young so maybe I can finish that before I start yours!

Hopefully the paperback edition will be out within a day or two - it said to allow up to 72 hours for processing and it’s only been 12.

I’d love to know what you think about D/R’s book. I wasn’t aware that it even existed and might want to check that out if you like it!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

I'm hoping to get a paperback too! :) I'm not a huge fan of electronic reading unless I really have to, love the feeling of a book in my hand!

Layback11

Record Breaker
Really don’t want to spam this thread with the link but thought I’d let you guys know that the paperback is out! You can find it at the same link as the kindle version which I already posted :)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I read it, it's great. I felt like I was really at all the competitions with the skaters. And it was nice that you thanked Golden Skate. :)

Layback11

Record Breaker
I read it, it's great. I felt like I was really at all the competitions with the skaters. And it was nice that you thanked Golden Skate. :)

:eek::

Thank you so much! I’m so glad that you enjoyed it :) I’m impressed that you read it so quickly, too! Thanks so much for taking the time to read and let me know what you thought. It means a lot :luv17:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Do a review on amazon.

If you can find it in your heart to give it 5 stars, even better. It would be nice for Sarah to have a 5-star review she didn't write herself.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do a review on amazon.

If you can find it in your heart to give it 5 stars, even better. It would be nice for Sarah to have a 5-star review she didn't write herself.

I tried to , but when I hit submit it wouldn't work. I even changed my name to Jeanie19. I will try again. And of course it's 5 stars. :biggrin: