2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 175 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
I just noticed that the music in Sasha's clip is "O Verona" by Craig Armstrong, which Plushenko did not list. As Kissing You is NOT composed by Craig Armstrong like Plushenko posted one can assume that Sasha won't have Kissing You at the beginning of the program and it is probably not in her program at all, but instead the program has "O Verona" at the beginning like shown in the clip .

He didn’t post it as being composed by Armstrong, but Armstrong is the one who did that specific arrangement, it’s even in the credits of the song. So, he’s the one who gets the mention, just like Richard Clayderman gets the credits even not being the composer.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
Completely off subject from the last few pages but I came across this on Instagram - Shcherbakova as a small child with Rafael (last picture) From what I've ever heard of Shcherbakova she's only ever been with Eteri/Sambo so I'm guessing this was some type master class or camp that she did?

Here's a similar post with some more of the backstory in the comment...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDt9K2ipZuQ/

If accurate, this is pretty amazing. Can you imagine the alternate history with Anna growing up in the Los Angeles area, not Moscow, and training with Raf, not Eteri?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I actually really liked GoT program and costume. That cobalt blue really suited her, and was very nicely done to resemble Daenerys.
GoT, Big Spender and Kill Bill are my favorite programs of Sasha.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I actually really liked GoT program and costume. That cobalt blue really suited her, and was very nicely done to resemble Daenerys.

I would add that the czech fandom of ASOIAF/GOT (which I am member of,t hough not very active last years) liked Sasha's "Drakarys" program very much when I've shown it to them :)

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Her FS didn't let her down last year; her inability to do her quads cleanly in competition let her down last year.
In my eyes she had the wrong music in her free programm, i said that before but if she wanted to have a daenerys programm there were so many songs to choose from and they decided on 2 songs that had nothing to do with daenerys. The opposite they choose the night kings song while it is an amazing piece of music like every other song /theme from this composer it was the wrong choice of song when she was supposed to be daenerys. Than the choreo was strange, i mean i get they wanted her to look like mabye she was flying or had wings whats with the leg and arm movement but for me it just looked weird. Its not her fault but for gods sake they should have gicen her at least one music theme that was connected to daenerys and there were so many to choose from

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
In my eyes she had the wrong music in her free programm, i said that before but if she wanted to have a daenerys programm there were so many songs to choose from and they decided on 2 songs that had nothing to do with daenerys. The opposite they choose the night kings song while it is an amazing piece of music like every other song /theme from this composer it was the wrong choice of song when she was supposed to be daenerys. Than the choreo was strange, i mean i get they wanted her to look like mabye she was flying or had wings whats with the leg and arm movement but for me it just looked weird. Its not her fault but for gods sake they should have gicen her at least one music theme that was connected to daenerys and there were so many to choose from

Flight of Dragons, Dance of Dragons, Khaleesi, House Targaryen theme... God, so many good songs [emoji20]

Imagine the her cantilever at 0:27. [emoji7]

https://youtu.be/D6EDrPC3oeA

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Flight of Dragons, Dance of Dragons, Khaleesi, House Targaryen theme... God, so many good songs [emoji20]
Exactly like there were so many songs which were connected to daenerys because it where her themes or connected to her dragons or house targaeryen. Instead w songs were chosen that had no connection to daenerys.

katymay

Medalist

Same. I've always loved the music she has been given, always thought her music added to the excitement. Last year, I didn't love the choreography, This year I wish she had kept the music from last year, just changed the choreography, refined the programs a bit. On the other hand, this is a good year for experimentation, so we'll see with the R&J selections.

macy

Record Breaker
i just want to know who did choreography. the choreography will be the telling point as to how the music will fit Sasha. if it plays to her strengths, it should be good. i (really) hope the same for Aliona.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
i just want to know who did choreography. the choreography will be the telling point as to how the music will fit Sasha. if it plays to her strengths, it should be good. i (really) hope the same for Aliona.

Probably Rozanov, as that's what Plushenko announced earlier, that both programs will be done by him.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
When will the junior test skates be this week? What day/time for anyone who lives in USA

macy

Record Breaker
When will the junior test skates be this week? What day/time for anyone who lives in USA

they have already begun, there is another thread about it. I already have the ladies marked on my calendar, the 18th and 19th at 7 am EST.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
they have already begun, there is another thread about it. I already have the ladies marked on my calendar, the 18th and 19th at 7 am EST.

Thank you! I watched ice dance earlier but didn’t know when ladies and men occurred

bouncy

☀️
On the Ice
And when are the senior test skates? I read somewhere they'll be on Sept 12th & 13th. Anyone knows the exact time?

Scott512

Record Breaker
Her FS didn't let her down last year; her inability to do her quads cleanly in competition let her down last year.
Same thing. Sashas quads were in the lp and she could not master them. That caused her frustrations and wanting to leave sambo-70.
Completely off subject from the last few pages but I came across this on Instagram - Shcherbakova as a small child with Rafael (last picture) From what I've ever heard of Shcherbakova she's only ever been with Eteri/Sambo so I'm guessing this was some type master class or camp that she did?
Awww.

colormyworld240

Medalist

They seem familiar with each other. When Anna was at Skate America, her face lit up when she saw Raf and went over for a hug. There's probably a clip of it on youtube somewhere.

colormyworld240

Medalist
A free skate with a terrible song/choreographic/image choice???

Let me point out a few reasons why Sasha’s programs didn’t work out last season (not that I think they did in the previous one too):

1. Short program: first half with good music, a lot of effort to make her look more mature and musical; it works. Second half with a too fast music, which her skating skills not allowing her to follow it. She looks clumsy, the choreo is bad and doesn’t help her. She ends the program exhausted (that’s why she said right after she moved to Pluschenko that she wanted SLOW music).

2. Choice of dresses: her short program dress before the revelation is hideous, and I’m usually a fan of Olga’s work. The dress makes her look even more clumsy and the white part underneath the skirt looks like a diaper when she jumps, it’s just terrible. During the revelation, the mechanism doesn’t work, it’s too obvious how she changes the dress and it’s done in an ugly way, along with the ugly dance moves. Those moves could work wonderfully for a very accomplished dancer like Baryshnikov, but not for our Little Sasha. The free skate outfits weren’t good, but weren’t nearly as bad as the short program one.

3. Free skate: “Let’s make a Daenerys program with the Night King’s theme song, and try to emote with the music, right, Sasha?”. If the image they were trying to go for was the Night King’s, then they made an excellent choice, because he ends up falling and losing too. How confusing it must have been for her trying to impersonate power/strength/femininity with The Night King’s Theme. What were they thinking!???? I wouldn’t be able to interpret it either, because that song showed up in the series whenever we were supposed to feel FEAR. Make your skater emote in a frightened way and your skater will fall off quads. Simple like that. Lack of choreography. Lack of interpretation. Terrible concept, trying to use a character with another character’s soundtrack. I could spend a whole day talking about the many reasons why that program didn’t and could never work.

4. Sasha believed she could only beat the other girls with 5 quads. She put all her faith and confidence in her quads since at least 2 seasons before. That’s the way her belief system was raised. Once she realized her quads could not be enough to win every competition, she lost confidence in herself. She looked to the side and saw Anna and Aliona with beautiful dresses, beautiful programs, and what did she feel like? Like the Ugly Duckling among the three of them, the one who couldn’t dance, who couldn’t interpret and whose entire confidence came from the ability to jump quads, something that, in that moment, wasn’t even allowing her to win. There was already tension between her and Eteri and it started to grow with the poor results. She lost confidence in Eteri and in herself, and it just wouldn’t work, because if you tell a girl who believes she’s all about quads that she cannot jump as many quads as she believes she needs to, you break her belief system. Was Eteri right to prioritize stability with less quads? Absolutely. But somehow, the way it was done made Sasha lose her ground, because she lost the one thing that was hers: the power of her quads. Sasha herself said - she doesn’t want to break records, she wants to land all her quads clean. She said herself she didn’t feel as sad for being in 3rd place, she felt the saddest for not being able to land all her quads.

Did Sasha say this? AFAIK per Sasha's interview, she said she was the one who wanted to jumps quads, she was the one who approached the team about it first, not the other way around. She just said they wanted to limit her quads, and that did not align with what she wanted. Sasha also said that they have been limiting her quads since at least last season (the first season she jumped multiple quads apart from JWC in her first season) when she said "this is not the first year this happened". And who says Eteri was right to prioritize stability? Certainly not Sasha, that's not what she wants. It's very clear that her priorities are her quads and it is her own ambition that drives her skating, as it should be.

She didn't say much about confidence, Anna or Alena's pretty dresses (or anything about them at all), or her belief system. Can you please give your source? If you've followed Sasha over the past few seasons, you will know that jumps were always her priority. Even when interviewers asked her if it was worth the risk of losing, she said it's always worth it and she will take the risk again and again; she doesn't believe that she can only win with 5 quads, she wants to do 5 quads even though she knows she can lose if she falls. Without a source, you're just projecting your feelings onto Sasha.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Did Sasha say this? AFAIK per Sasha's interview, she said she was the one who wanted to jumps quads, she was the one who approached the team about it first, not the other way around. She just said they wanted to limit her quads, and that did not align with what she wanted. Sasha also said that they have been limiting her quads since at least last season (the first season she jumped multiple quads apart from JWC in her first season) when she said "this is not the first year this happened". And who says Eteri was right to prioritize stability? Certainly not Sasha, that's not what she wants. It's very clear that her priorities are her quads and it is her own ambition that drives her skating, as it should be.

She didn't say much about confidence, Anna or Alena's pretty dresses (or anything about them at all), or her belief system. Can you please give your source? If you've followed Sasha over the past few seasons, you will know that jumps were always her priority. Even when interviewers asked her if it was worth the risk of losing, she said it's always worth it and she will take the risk again and again; she doesn't believe that she can only win with 5 quads, she wants to do 5 quads even though she knows she can lose if she falls. Without a source, you're just projecting your feelings onto Sasha.

Of course she would never say that, she would need years of therapy or to be in her 20s to get to that conclusion herself, that’s my interpretation of what happened, I thought it was clear it was my interpretation and not something from an interview, my pardon. What was said by her in interviews is quoted with phrases like “she said”.

About Eteri wanting stability, it’s the logical thing any coach would go for.

I don’t know if I totally understand your comment, or if you completely understood mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.